DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI FPV

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I know it is the rumor mill but I cant wait for this to get more info and or released... I am legitimately holding off going FPV for this... No idea if this will come at same time as Mavic 3 or after...... I'm very happy with my air 2 for filming and pics (at this point until i know the 3's features lol). But i long for FPV views in goggles and personally I like the crutch DJI provides in flying and I hope that crutch exists for this FPV...

Any one else seen anything on this? Holding off for a dji FPV solution?

I know it is the rumor mill but I cant wait for this to get more info and or released... I am legitimately holding off going FPV for this... No idea if this will come at same time as Mavic 3 or after...... I'm very happy with my air 2 for filming and pics (at this point until i know the 3's features lol). But i long for FPV views in goggles and personally I like the crutch DJI provides in flying and I hope that crutch exists for this FPV...

Any one else seen anything on this? Holding off for a dji FPV solution?

I think it will be seriously expensive for a FPV, especially if you team it up with DJI FPV googles and remote controller

Reactions: zzxrox
I think it will be seriously expensive for a FPV, especially if you team it up with DJI FPV googles and remote controller

I have no doubt in that at all, will want to make sure its proofed out when it comes out to say the least.

I have no doubt in that at all, will want to make sure its proofed out when it comes out to say the least.

And being a FPV, your going to crash it all the time no matter how careful you are

And being a FPV, your going to crash it all the time no matter how careful you are
I think this is were I want to see the advancements in technology "crutch" for this endeavor with them. I am not looking for a racing drone just something that lives in the world of FPV.

Something that is a little harder to crash so easily. See if they meet the mark.

I think this is were I want to see the advancements in technology "crutch" for this endeavor with them. I am not looking for a racing drone just something that lives in the world of FPV.

Something that is a little harder to crash so easily. See if they meet the mark.

It's a pity you have a MA2, we fly FPV using the Epson BT-300 glasses

Reactions: dsmith76
If you really want an fpv drone, a real fpv drone, you should look into building your own. I say that because you WILL crash and you WILL break stuff. It's better to be able to learn to fix it yourself instead of sending it to a shop for repair. There is no real "crutch" for FPV. It's a whole new skill set and a lot of time and work involved. The pay off is, when you finally learn to fly, and in acro, you will have a whole new world of freedom to explore and the rush is highly addictive. DJI fpv goggles sounds like the way to go for you and a DJI air unit in a 5" drone will blow your mind. Build, fly, crash, repeat. That is the way :)

Last edited:
Looks super cool! I don't know much about FPV drones but it seems like this one has a lot of features that don't exist in others. ADS-B, the one-handed remote plus others.

I saw the video and thought "Wow, looks amazing, how many drones did you lose shooting that"

It's a seriously expensive endeavour; kitted out with a motion controller and flymore kit (Which is just extra batteries and a charge hub, needed given it's a 20 minute flight time...) it's £1647. You really wouldn't want to crash that!

The refresh plan is definitely priced on the basis users are going to trash these quickly! £189 for 1 year / 2 replacements. First replacement is £249, second £269.

Ouch...

Would love to try one but no thanks, it will be a great drone but 2 people needed in UK to fly it outside, you WILL crash and unless DJI rethink the barriers to how they deal with returns and repairs and their “care” package it will cost a fortune to keep it going. This on top of an expensive initial purchase (£1,200+) makes it vary expensive. I don’t doubt its state of the art but come on....

I'm considering getting one of these, and no, I do not expect to crash it. If done carefully it should be possible to master this with minimal or no crashing. I fly 3D RC planes in high risk maneuvers and have not had a crash in 2 years. If one expects to crash of course they will! With the stability this new drone has it is far more stable and easy to fly than normal FPV free style drones. I think anyone already flying a DJI drone should be able to transition to this easily. The trick of course is not getting carried away with all that potential speed, kinda like driving a Tesla Plaid, gotta take it easy at first!

Reactions: Kilrah
I'm considering getting one of these, and no, I do not expect to crash it. If done carefully it should be possible to master this with minimal or no crashing. I fly 3D RC planes in high risk maneuvers and have not had a crash in 2 years. If one expects to crash of course they will! With the stability this new drone has it is far more stable and easy to fly than normal FPV free style drones. I think anyone already flying a DJI drone should be able to transition to this easily. The trick of course is not getting carried away with all that potential speed, kinda like driving a Tesla Plaid, gotta take it easy at first!

I don't know if you saw the video, but they had it barrelling between iceburgs in Jokulsarlon (iceland), down canyons and in between sea arches at Hvitserkur. If you miss by a few meters then you're not getting that drone back!
Frankly I'd be cautious with my Mavic 2 in Tripod mode...

Much bandwidth will be used with post related to "Help I crashed my drone" "It just flew away" " Can you analyze my log"

Will there be a dedicated forum page for this drone? Can't see it here.

Reactions: Thomas B and Surge
Can anyone tell me why I can view the files from my goggles on my ipad but not from the quads so card?
if this is in the wrong thread pleas direct me. Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme