DJI getting banned?

Do you think Dji will be banned?

• Yes

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • No

Votes: 39 78.0%

• Total voters
1717214697302.png

In the USA and more to follow if they ban it.
I would be surprised if other countries introduce bans for private usage.
I would be surprised if the USA bans them for private, personal usage but who can really tell what politicians will do.
I can sort of understand bans for use by government employees in their work.

Reactions: moonwalker2024
I would be surprised if other countries introduce bans for private usage.
I would be surprised if the USA bans them for private, personal usage but who can really tell what politicians will do.
I can sort of understand bans for use by government employees in their work.
The problem with the ban is that they will not allow their drones to use any American Telcom towers for GPS, so that will include everyone commercial and recreational!

I vote no on the ban poll. I think of it as getting eaten by a bear. All they have to do is succeed once. It's never going to matter how many times they try and fail, once they get you....the damage is done.

Our military initially moved to ban dji drones in the very few applications they were used, and dji provided an alternate operating system that ticked the boxes, allowing them to be used.

The problem with the ban is that they will not allow their drones to use any American Telcom towers for GPS, so that will include everyone commercial and recreational!
What does American Telcom towers have to do with GPS? Drones get their GNSS (GPS, Galileo, Glonass, Beidou) signals directly from the sattelites.

FYI .. no DJI drone used telecommunication towers for GPS or anything else.

Your drone has a GPS receiver that receives GPS signals directly from sats out in orbit.

Drones/GPS use signals that originate from satellites, not telecom towers.
Phones may use telecom towers signals when GPS is unavailable, drones do not. Otherwise drones would get lost in remote areas with no cell reception.

Last edited:
Just another day and more gooberment insanity. Of all the things they need to worry about regarding China this isn't it. But that's what they do. Fix things that aren't broken. Oh well, the goobers go marching one by one, hurrah, hurrah.

Reactions: Mrprop365
Does the U.S. Government want me to believe that the Chinese government Created a Drone company and Spent millions on advertisement in the hopes that some Americans would buy them so that they could spy on us instead of simply hacking a Computer? why not give us the truth - American Drone producers CAN'T produce Drones that cheaply and therefore they are paying lobbyist to pound on the doors of our representatives until they do something about it.
One would think the people over at SKYDIO would stop crying about it and start doing some actual drone building.
Here is some truth for ya:

why not give us the truth - American Drone producers CAN'T produce Drones that cheaply and therefore they are paying lobbyist to pound on the doors of our representatives until they do something about it
The easiest way to beat your competitors these days is to get them cancelled. Sad, but true.

DJI won the consumer market with endless innovation, economies of scale, and a much lower cost of labor than in a Western market. The only thing the government should be doing to protect the local drone companies is to apply tariffs to all drones constructed and/or assembled in China.

If you level the price of production and build a better mouse trap, you'll sell more mouse traps.

If you level the price of production and build a better mouse trap, you'll sell more mouse traps.
I'm not sure that would help here since US competitors don't seem to want to build better mousetraps. Had they done that, they'd also be able to sell those unique products at higher prices.

It looks like their goal is to be the only companies with mousetraps in stock. Because at that point, the mousetraps only need to sort of work well.

DJI won the consumer market with endless innovation, economies of scale, and a much lower cost of labor than in a Western market. The only thing the government should be doing to protect the local drone companies is to apply tariffs to all drones constructed and/or assembled in China.

Some would argue DJI also had a lot of help from a) Chinese government subsiding the company and b) stealing and using technology from others that didn't belong to them to get ahead and c) protecting their own market by manipulating the prices and not allowing other competitors to compete fairly with tariffs and other barriers and d) other practices such as their labor rates, unorthodox methods, etc. However, these are just allegations.

Sounds like the US is willing to bend over and take a page from the Chinese playbook and do some of the same things in order to try to level the playing field.

Let's assume that there 100% tariffs are applied to all DJI drones imported into the US. The price doubles to the consumer. (China does not pay the tariffs, as claimed by a former president.) What other drones can US buyers purchase, now that DJI is priced so high? I don't see any decent alternatives. There really are no significant consumer or light commercial drones built in the US.

The American government overall is not promoting restrictions on DJI. It's the work of a few very vocal elected representatives. It appears to me that they're motivated by emotion, misinformation, and knee-jerk anti-Chinese sentiment and have no factual basis to prove a need for action. But again, it's not the American government raising a fuss; it's a few elected members of that government.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j.bosco