Join Us Now

DJI getting banned?

Do you think Dji will be banned?

• Yes

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • No

Votes: 40 78.4%

• Total voters
Let's assume that there 100% tariffs are applied to all DJI drones imported into the US. The price doubles to the consumer. (China does not pay the tariffs, as claimed by a former president.) What other drones can US buyers purchase, now that DJI is priced so high? I don't see any decent alternatives. There really are no significant consumer or light commercial drones built in the US.

The American government overall is not promoting restrictions on DJI. It's the work of a few very vocal elected representatives. It appears to me that they're motivated by emotion, misinformation, and knee-jerk anti-Chinese sentiment and have no factual basis to prove a need for action. But again, it's not the American government raising a fuss; it's a few elected members of that government.
The problem is not a few local representatives. It sailed out of committee with a voter of 43-0 in favor. It may have been a few members that started the ruckus, but it received bipartisan support right out of the gate.

If you are American, and you want to know the real reason this issue continues to move forward, watch this video and go visit the Drone Advocacy Alliance to voice your thoughts. We need numbers to make an impact.

The Effort to Ban DJI Drones - The Truth Has Never Been More Obvious!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

DJI drones don't use cell towers for location services. They use multiple constellations of GPS satellites.
The RC connects to the drones over the Wi-Fi frequencies, which the FCC regulates. Occusync isn't Wi-Fi, but it's using the Wi-Fi frequencies.

In theory, this bill could be amended to not allow DJI to use GPS. It's an empty threat, they could use GLONASS instead.

If you are American, and you want to know the real reason this issue continues to move forward, watch this video and go visit the Drone Advocacy Alliance to voice your thoughts. We need numbers to make an impact.

The Effort to Ban DJI Drones - The Truth Has Never Been More Obvious!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I am in the same boat with this, its' Protectionism plain and simple, and going through the AUVSI website, one can look through their "membership list" , DJI, Autel and Ehang are not on that list ( I wonder ), and yet this Org. says they represent 60 Countries in membership of drone and drone related tech companies, perhaps DJI and Autel refuse to be part of this org for whatever reason, but AUVSI is pretty big. I am also in the boat that believes Skydio has lobbied against DJI as well, I own two of their drones and the tech is amazing in some respects, but they lack in others.

We'll see what happens in the months and perhaps years to come, but we can always count on the US Government to screw things up, they're good at it, remember what they did to the gas can ????

Let's assume that there 100% tariffs are applied to all DJI drones imported into the US. The price doubles to the consumer. (China does not pay the tariffs, as claimed by a former president.) What other drones can US buyers purchase, now that DJI is priced so high? I don't see any decent alternatives. There really are no significant consumer or light commercial drones built in the US.

The American government overall is not promoting restrictions on DJI. It's the work of a few very vocal elected representatives. It appears to me that they're motivated by emotion, misinformation, and knee-jerk anti-Chinese sentiment and have no factual basis to prove a need for action. But again, it's not the American government raising a fuss; it's a few elected members of that government.
Unfortunately, it is an election year and none of the representatives want to appear soft on China. I suspect that even the ones who disagree with the bill will support it to show that are taking a tough line on China.

I'm not sure how.
The GPS sats transmit into space for anyone with a receiver to pick up the signals.

They already do, as well as Beidou and/or Gallileo
That's why I said it was an empty threat. If Congress were using logic, we wouldn't have this bill in the first place.

If Congress were using logic, we wouldn't have this bill in the first place
Bills have a funny way of getting created when people/organizations donate mass sums of money. Instead of working for the people, some work for whoever makes them the richest -- whether that's receiving money directly, tips on which stocks are about to make a move, or any other benefits.

Bills have a funny way of getting created when people/organizations donate mass sums of money. Instead of working for the people, some work for whoever makes them the richest -- whether that's receiving money directly, tips on which stocks are about to make a move, or any other benefits.
It's more than just money. DJI has a lot of money to throw at lobbyists.

It's more than just money. DJI has a lot of money to throw at lobbyists.
It's really all tied to money somehow. Everything in this world is.

It's really all tied to money somehow. Everything in this world is.
If everything is tied to money and both sides are throwing money at it; then it's not just the money.

If it came to just money, then DJI would have buried this a long time ago. They are the 800lb gorilla in this space and they have a lot more bananas to throw around.

If it came to just money, then DJI would have buried this a long time ago. They are the 800lb gorilla in this space and they have a lot more bananas to throw around.
Very doubtful. DJI is small potatoes compared to all of the other money/power that can be gained by plotting against them.

Who specifically benefits from DJI's misery?
I'm not sure. If you dig into the reasons this bill was created (if public information), that would likely reveal those beneficiaries.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simplefillus