DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI go 4 Android - runs in backround all the time.

Brianna

Reactions
I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this issue. My cleanup program flags the DJI go 4 as my number 1 battery drainer every day, it also flags it as one of the top CPU using apps slowing my phone down. This was during a period of time where I had not even used the app to fly my drone for weeks. I have to tell it to put the app to sleep all the time. So what the heck is it working on so hard in the back round of my phone? This doesn't seem like a good thing. Any other app I would suspect spywear and remove the app from from my phone.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Brianna

Yep it was using 6% battery on my phone a couple of days ago. I don't usually use my phone to fly, so I deleted the app.

Do you actually exit and kill the app (tap back twice on the main screen) when you stop using it or do you just leave it running and go to your home screen? Check your running apps, kill it and then check the battery usage.

Yeah kill it if you can, but it still runs a lot in the background. I don't think there's any way around it.

I wonder what it gets up to back there? The cheeky little scamp! :rolleyes::p

I think it sits there as a background process, tied to the USB port. It doesn't get started during a reboot, only if the remote will be connected and the GO app be selected for handling it.

Reactions: serene Delusions
yea my phone is always saying the app is running and do i want to conserve power.

Hi,

I do close it down, but it still runs and uses data when I check it. Makes me wonder what is it sending when I haven't flown for weeks?

Is it android? I know that on android you can get apps that will stop it running in the background but on iPhone I haven't a clue.

It's doing this for me aswell. Don't have a better solution than to force close it, but be sure to send a report to dji before you close it. Button is next to force close, hopefully this will fix the problem sooner rather than later

I do what jappish does woth my android just force close and then I don't have to worry about it doing anuthing until I open it again to fly

After a bit of digging I have found out that if I force close Go4 two processes remain in the background. slowly eating memory. I can't comment on data usage as my android tablet does not have a SIM.

I can kill these two processes using developer options and everything appears to work well, which leads my to assume that:

1. The Chinese are using data from the mavic for some nefarious plan to conquer the West.
or
2. There is some dodgy code somewhere that doesn't terminate on a force close.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis