DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 app connectivity issue

Reactions
I have recently been experiencing a regular connectivity issue when flying my Mavic Pro, using an IPhone 12. The DJI Go4 connects initially and after a couple of minutes of flight, disconnects. I bring the drone back, switch everything off and relaunch the app, it reconnects and again after a few minutes of flight the app again disconnects and refuses to reconnect unless I reboot again, and then the same thing happens again. I had no problems initially when flying with the iPhone 12 (with Covid, time, weather etc I’ve not had the opportunity to fly very often). When I first experienced this issue I assumed it was local interference but when it started all the time it was clear the problem lay with my set up.. Drone/controller firmware is up to date (DJI Go v4.3.42, IPhone v14.4. Grateful for any suggestions. Thanks

I have recently been experiencing a regular connectivity issue when flying my Mavic Pro, using an IPhone 12. The DJI Go4 connects initially and after a couple of minutes of flight, disconnects. I bring the drone back, switch everything off and relaunch the app, it reconnects and again after a few minutes of flight the app again disconnects and refuses to reconnect unless I reboot again, and then the same thing happens again. I had no problems initially when flying with the iPhone 12 (with Covid, time, weather etc I’ve not had the opportunity to fly very often). When I first experienced this issue I assumed it was local interference but when it started all the time it was clear the problem lay with my set up.. Drone/controller firmware is up to date (DJI Go v4.3.42, IPhone v14.4. Grateful for any suggestions. Thanks

There has been a known issue with app ver 1.48 it affects Android as well, there are plenty of vids on youtube on it, DJI seem to be trying to fix it, they broke it after all.

...The DJI Go4 connects initially and after a couple of minutes of flight, disconnects. I bring the drone back...
From what you write it sounds like your app disconnects from the RC, not the connection between the RC & MP1 ... this as you still can control & fly your MP1.

You have mainly a couple reasons for this ... either the USB cable is faulty, the connector isn't seated properly in the phone or in the RC. Another reason can be that the USB port on the RC, the small micro USB on the left side, have been damaged & then cause issues like this.

I would try with a different USB cable (check so it's one for data transfer & not only for charging...) & check so it really get seated in your phone/RC and also try both USB ports on the RC, the left micro USB & the full size USB-A port in the middle bottom side.

There has been a known issue with app ver 1.48...
Yeah ... but that's the DJI FLY app used for other crafts than the DJI Mavic Pro 1. This craft uses the DJI GO4 app ...

Reactions: 4006448
From what you write it sounds like your app disconnects from the RC, not the connection between the RC & MP1 ... this as you still can control & fly your MP1.

You have mainly a couple reasons for this ... either the USB cable is faulty, the connector isn't seated properly in the phone or in the RC. Another reason can be that the USB port on the RC, the small micro USB on the left side, have been damaged & then cause issues like this.

I would try with a different USB cable (check so it's one for data transfer & not only for charging...) & check so it really get seated in your phone/RC and also try both USB ports on the RC, the left micro USB & the full size USB-A port in the middle bottom side.

Yeah ... but that's the DJI FLY app used for other crafts than the DJI Mavic Pro 1. This craft uses the DJI GO4 app ...

oops

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998