DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 app crashing on Sony Z5 compact and Nexus 9

Robert S

Reactions
There seem to be plenty of threads on this one, but I'll add another one. I'm using the latest non-Play Store app downloaded directly from the DJI website. The app crashes on both of my devices. They both run Android 7.1. The Sony usually crashes if I land my Mavic and take off again. On both devices my live wallpaper goes back to the default non-live wallpaper after the crash. Don't know if this adds anything useful. I can still control my Mavic with the RC, but I dare not run it on wifi mode - anything could happen.

Does anyone out there have any clues about this?

yeah, seems every update they do for android its getting worse... i also get video smudge on latest version 4.1.5

I also have a Sony Xperia phone running 7.1.1 but I elected not to fly my MP with it for this reason. Honestly, I prefer Android for most things but it is not the best available option to run DJI Go 4 due to the app crashes and instability experienced by many DJI drone pilots. I usually don't like recommending Apple products but, in this case, would strongly recommend going with an iOS device such as the iPad Mini 4 w/ cellular. It is rock solid.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan