DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 app crashing regularly - Samsung S7 Edge

Performed a clean install of DJI Go 4 app. Performed the current firmware update (my new machine was 2 updates behind).
4 flights (about 1+15 of flying time) and no app crashes. Nice to have everything perform well, helps build confidence.
Good Job! Glad to hear it's working so far.

Are you recording the video to your phone? You may want to to disable recording and see what happens. I've had many less crashes since doing this - although it isn't ideal. I think if I had more free memory on my Pixel XL (32GB) it might work better.

You also might try a different cable (unplug the side mounted cable first).
You also might try disabling auto-screen rotation (especially if you are on Nougat, because I think Android handles screen rotation differently on Nougat).

Thanks for the tips, I've definitely disabled auto-screen rotation. But I'l try a different cable and disable video on the phone.

After watching a few ipad 4 mini reviews, I'm thinking about taking the plunge. I really didn't want to spend $700 (Australian dollars) on top the $1500 I already spent on the drone. But the ipad mini mounted in the RC looks pretty amazing.

Successful with my S7 Edge, S2 (9.7"), and Tab A (7"). By far my favorite the S2. Screen size makes a big difference. Downside... not as portable. Always have the phone but my least favorite of the 3 devices to fly with.

I am running a Galaxy 7 Edge with Nougat.
My Phantom 4 uses an iPad with no glitches, so I was very reluctant to use the S7 Edge with the Mavic Pro.

So far I haven't had any problems but I always close all applications running in the back ground, until I connect the unit using the side USB connector on the RC.
I may change my device to a mini iPad in due course, but I wanted to see if the Android version of the DJI GO 4 app was stable.
Fingers crossed for the next set of flights.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR