DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 app on Android 7?

Seems fine to me on my Nexus 5X running 7.1.2 (July 17 security level)

I have also a Nexus 5x, but only 3 gb free.. ( mine is a non expandable 16gb version and all my installed apps are necessary and frequently used) What about yours? mni tnx for replying, very curious.

Hello, I'd like to know how well the DJI GO/GO 4 app works on Android 7.0 Nouget?
It's the latest version of Android and now TMobile is trying to force me to update. Mavic coming soon.

I was using my S6 Active with Android 6 with no problem, but as soon as I updated to Android 7 I started getting random app crashes every few flights. Switched to a Zenpad 10 with Android 6 and not a single app crash since.

-Joe

New mavic owner here. I have a LG V20 running android 7 and have been using it to fly. I also have dji go 4 app vers. 4.1.5 down loaded.

Ive only flown 5 times in my back yard and the app shuts down mid flight. I get black screen and have to manually bring the app back up.

i have the screen set to stay on. Nothing running in the background.

I still have control of the mavic just the app shuts down. Is this the phone or an app issue?

Any suggestions on why?

After reading this thread and others I'm amazed at how varied folks experience is with the app and their android phone. Edge 7 for example... some have constant crashes , some no issues whatsoever... I'm curious if there is one setting that makes one edge 7 work while another does not. I would not think carrier would play a role? Turn off cell radio (airplane mode) .... My Mavic is in a box sitting my porch back in the states as I ordered it while in dji's back yard (literally) but I plan to try it with my edge ... I have a Mini 4 but had not initially planned on using it. Another point to note is that in the dji stores here in China all of the phones they have connected to the controller are Android ... go FIGURE.

Edge 7 for example... some have constant crashes , some no issues whatsoever... I'm curious if there is one setting that makes one edge 7 work while another does not.
The problem with SAMSUNG phones is, they use different CPUs for different regions what implies also different system images.
As long as you don't also know which CPU is used in addition to the device type, you cannot compare them...

That and Samsung butcher the android OS massively to the extent its not really "android" any more.

To Nividia shield user, go back to mashmellow & go 4 works perfectly, although I do trust Litchi & find I;m using it almost all the time -Mavic & P3A

You have to roll your shield back to 6.0.1. Marshmallow or it will continue to crash like crazy with DJI Go 4. A poster over at the DJI forums did a how-to.

See here: Nvida K1 Tablet

I did it and ever since(15+ flights, 2+ hours of flying), I've had exactly ZERO issues whatsoever with my Nvidia K1 shield.
Just did the upgrade to 7 on my Nvida Shield and tried it out on DJI and Litchi. Seems to work fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan