DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dji go 4 cannot be used

Nodak7

Reactions
OK I am certain that this issue has come up before. I have a Mavic Air 2 and just recently I tried to use the DJI Go 4 and got this message! "The current device cannot use DJI Go 4, please check the relevant manual and download the correct app to use" It was working just fine previously. I downloaded the update and I am still getting this message!

I must be pretty dense then cause I see no way to transfer files using the Fly App and the Smart Controller. Up until this week I had always used the Go4 App to transfer photos. What am I missing. It worked before and now it does not? Again I am using the Smart Controller and the Fly app to fly the craft only the GO4 for transferring the files!

In the FLY app, look for the download icon to transfer files.

December 28, 2021 42123 PM EST.jpg

You might try to download the Go 4 app from DJI and install it. 🤔

DJI GO 4 - Download Center - DJI

The DJI site says it's preloaded in the Smart Controller, maybe it got compromised?

Screenshot_20220330-111657.png

Good luck. :)

As far as I am aware you would need to use the fly app for everything related to a fly app using drone.

Last edited:
Interesting..... I'd never heard of anyone using the Go4 app with a Mavic Air 2 for any purpose....... you said you don't fly with it? Could you have flown with it previously(if you wanted to?)

Reactions: Yaros
Fly app to fly the craft only the GO4 for transferring the files!
On the home page of DJI Fly there is an album button, click on that and then you can download the footage.
You can't use GO4 with Air 2

On the home page of DJI Fly there is an album button, click on that and then you can download the footage.
You can't use GO4 with Air 2
Everyone keeps saying you "can't"...... This man says that he has used it before and that it only stopped working recently. I was under the impression that you couldn't use it either, but I have no reason to doubt him if he said he's used it before.... why? Because there are tons of things about DJI drones that aren't well documented at all and sometimes are discovered entirely by accident.

Reactions: Nodak7 and Yaros
Because there are tons of things about DJI drones that aren't well documented at all and sometimes are discovered entirely by accident.
True! Some time ago I saw a post on the DJI Forum of a guy who somehow connected his Air 2S to the Go4 App, it actually worked, but when he took off the drone flew away! Extremely strange and scary.

OK I guess I am dense but I did figure it out. As stated above since I have the Smart Controller I was NOT trying to fly my Drone using the DJI Go4 App. What I really wanted to do was transfer my photos and videos to my iPhone. I had done it before but had forgotten what I did. After some puttering about and research I found out how I had done that. Here is how I did it! Thanks all for your help with this. Next time I will have to be more clear as to what I need help with.

Transferring Videos and Photos from Smart Controller to iPhone

Smart Controller

• Go to Settings
  • Select “More”
  • Select “Go Share”
  • Select “Go Share” (again)
  • You will get a QR Code
iPhone
  • Open the Go 4 App (in the iPhone)
  • Click on “Editor”
  • Click on “Go Share”
  • Scan QR Code
  • Select Pic or Video to Download
  • Download the “Original”
  • Photo or Video should be in the iPhone Photo Album

If you aren't comfortable using the apps, just click the apps link from the boot screen, and select filemanager or photos or videos, and copy from those points.

1b36fc82b6d878239f3e38040d0c53da.jpg

If you aren't comfortable using the apps, just click the apps link from the boot screen, and select filemanager or photos or videos, and copy from those points.

View attachment 146069
Tried this and the only way you can transfer the pictures and videos, wirelessly, thru this is via Bluetooth which does not work. The transfer always fails.

Aha, so you wanted to transfer the low resolution cache from the SC's gallery storage. Everybody would have expected you wanted the full resolution footage directly from the aircraft without the SC being involved.
When you do this it gives you three photos to select from. One says "Original" and the others have no description. I thought the "Original" was the full resolution. Is it not?

I have an Android phone with GO, Go4 and Fly on it, I haven't looked in the Go app but in the Go4 app the only video etc. that appears in the editor is a video snippet that I believe I shot with an M2P, videos shot with a Fly app using drone do not appear. The latter do appear when using the Fly app and the Go4 snippet does not unless I did not scroll etc. far enough.

I am wondering is it possible you are confusing the source of these videos you have been able to transfer?

I have an Android phone with GO, Go4 and Fly on it, I haven't looked in the Go app but in the Go4 app the only video etc. that appears in the editor is a video snippet that I believe I shot with an M2P, videos shot with a Fly app using drone do not appear. The latter do appear when using the Fly app and the Go4 snippet does not unless I did not scroll etc. far enough.

I am wondering is it possible you are confusing the source of these videos you have been able to transfer?
Yorkshire, these are the apps that appear on my Smart Controller. I have to go into "More" and select "Go Share" that generates the QR Code that the Go4 App on my iPhone can read and download from. I do not use the Go4 app on the Smart Controller because, as mentioned above, it does not work on the Smart Controller.

Reactions: Harry0363
Ahh I misunderstood your set up and maybe which smart controller you have because the original smart controller can be used with the Go4 app.

"*Compatible with DJI Mini 2, DJI Air 2S, Mavic Air 2, Mavic 2 Zoom, Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 2 Enterprise Series, Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced, and Phantom 4 Pro V2.0."

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13