DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 Compatible Devices

I use the following approved device:

• A device from list #1 and it works well and rarely crashes.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • A device from list #1 and it works ok and occasionally crashes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A device from list #1. it doesn't work well and frequently crashes. Cant wait to get rid of it.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • A device from list #2 and it works well and rarely crashes.

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • A device from list #2 and it works ok and occasionally crashes.

• A device from list #2. it doesn't work well and frequently crashes. Cant wait to get rid of it.

• Total voters

Former Member

Reactions
There has been a good bit of discussion about which devices work and which ones dont (as of today 6-30-2018 Android version 4.2.12). This poll is to see who is using which devices and if they are having a good time or a bad time with app crashes, lag, and disconnection.

I have owned a few different Galaxy models, and currently use one non-dedicated S8+ almost every day to fly and a different one that is dedicated to bench test. I have a third thats mostly used for communication, but I use it to fly occasionally. None have lag, no app crashes, and no pixelation.

What do you use? How does it work for you? If your device is not on the list, please dont vote in the poll, but feel free to list your device as an alternate in case someone is looking for a device that works with DJI Go 4.

List #1 Android Version v4.2.8.
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S8, Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20.

List #2 iOS Version v4.2.12.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus.

U.S. Motorola Z2 Force Edition on Verizon (2017 flagship, top end CPU), no problems with DJI Go 4 piloting Mavic Pro Platinum.

I can confirm, however, that enabling airplane mode on this device does increase flight range, as expected (test case: Non-line of sight, heavy tree blockage).

Only minor problem I'm noticing with DJI Go 4 is audio and A/V synchronization glitches in free form videos edited from 720p cached videos, then uploaded to YouTube. Streaming from SkyPixel always seems fine, though. Doubt this is device specific, however.

Reactions: Former Member
There has been a good bit of discussion about which devices work and which ones dont (as of today 6-30-2018 Android version 4.2.12). This poll is to see who is using which devices and if they are having a good time or a bad time with app crashes, lag, and disconnection.

I have owned a few different Galaxy models, and currently use one non-dedicated S8+ almost every day to fly and a different one that is dedicated to bench test. I have a third thats mostly used for communication, but I use it to fly occasionally. None have lag, no app crashes, and no pixelation.

What do you use? How does it work for you? If your device is not on the list, please dont vote in the poll, but feel free to list your device as an alternate in case someone is looking for a device that works with DJI Go 4.

Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S8, Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20.

Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus.
what a great post
I use iOS myself iPad but thats a cool post fair play

How can you tell "This app is optimized for iPhone 8, iPhone i Plus"? Does it state so somewhere on the app, on the DJI site, or elsewhere?

How can you tell "This app is optimized for iPhone 8, iPhone i Plus"? Does it state so somewhere on the app, on the DJI site, or elsewhere?
That was copied from the list that is displayed at the bottom of the downloads section on DJI's website here.

dji.jpg

I used the following without issue: Iphone 7, Ipad Mini4, Ipad 9.7" 2017 model...no issues on MP. On my spark I get better video feed with iPhone 6+ compared to Iphone7 & 8.

I think Apple releases new phones in fall, so maybe they iphone 8 plus will come down then
Yes, that's been their usual for many years. I'm waiting until then to upgrade my iPhone 7 since they'll most likely release something better than an iPhone 8/X.

That was copied from the list that is displayed at the bottom of the downloads section on DJI's website here.

View attachment 41151
So, if the app is optimized for the iphone 8 and 8+, will all foreseeable versions of the app be optimized for the 8/8+, or when a new iphone comes out will the app be optimized for that phone? If so, how should we expect the 8/8+ perform being that it is no longer the 'darling'?
I would expect that the app would be optimized for what ever new features of the iphone streamline the apps processing ability. If that's the case, then we need iphone insurance on model upgrades; especially the phone' new processor....A12, or whatever. Otherwise, we'll just keep pumping more and more cash to keep maximize performance.
I realize that the iphone 6 works, and ipad mini 2 work. A question is whether or not they work as well. Being that they utilize older processors, and batteries ware down.
thoughts?

I use galaxy S7 edge and as of Oreo update it sucks for DJI GO 4. My Nexus 7 tablet recently quit being reliable (half black screen or worse disconnecting) I downgraded dji app but it forced me to update to fly. Now I'm guessing after Oreo update to my S7 it's hit or miss. Just sold my Phantom 3 Standard with the DBS antenna mod and I'm seriously regretting it.

Trying to use my Galaxy Note-8 with DJI Go-4 to fly Mavic Pros.
The app either crashes on startup, or it says "unzipping resource file" and hangs completely about halfway through. I'm about at my wit's end. Can anyone offer some advice please?

I’m using iPhone XS Max (assume covered by iPhone X category?).... Runs flawlessly and is perfect size for controller- extra screen real estate is a nice luxury.....

I ask on another forum who used what and discovered my Samsung J3 was not compatible. SOOOOO I had to upgrade to the LG V40 Thin Q - the cell phone with 5 built in cameras itself - Holy cow the pictures are incredible - the Mavic Pro2 and LG are an awesome combination.

You need another option, List #1 and never crashes. I guess never sort of kind of falls in seldom crashes.

iPad Mini 4 and it's works perfectly.

I've been using a moto g6 for almost a year with no problem today it won't unzip the file and I cant fly HELP
So while waiting for help I decided to uninstall djigo4 and reinstall. now it won't download djigo4 just keeps saying waiting for wifi (wifi is connected) download never starts what do I do now ???? Help please

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22