DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 crash on Galaxy S8 since 29 April

Raymondo

Reactions
Flew with out of the box S8 on 29 April. Tried again yesterday, but dji go 4 app crashes on start up. 'Screen res not supported'. Have not changed it since last flight. Tried alternatives resolutions but still crashed. Go 4 will not start 'dji go 4 app keeps stopping', but it actually never starts. Found similar comments on other forums.

Hi. I had exactly the same issue. I tried very hard and gave in today and bought iPad mini 4. It will only be used for the magic and so far going well.
No app crashes and silky smooth video.

Im going back to my 5S Active for DJI flights, I get the same error on my S8 and it did work when I got the phone.

Tried mine on s8plus the other day for 10 mins worked ok. Does the app not work at all on your phone's?

Won't even open on my s8+.
It did when I first got it but then came up with the screen resolution warning after the the go4 update.
Now doesn't open at all.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled. App now starts. Asked to reinstall 01.03.07. Restarted controller and aircraft and dji go 4. All seems ok indoors without taking off. Will test tomorrow. Thanks

Yeah I've reinstalled about 10 times. Tried forcing full screen, tried everything. Only fix I came up with is the iPad mini 4.

I also have an 8plus and the app just keeps crashing. I e reinstalled a few times and still can't get it to to work so I used my galaxy note 4.

I decided buy the app called litchi, I actually love the app and it works great on my s8 plus. I can set way points and have total control of different features.

Flew 2 days ago fine with my s8. Today it failed screen resolution error.

Just updated android. Still got error.

Just reinstalled dji go 4. Still got the error.

DJI get your act together.

Perhaps this is already been thought of and tested but the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S8 are capable, through the settings, of having the screen resolution adjusted. Has anyone thought to do this before using the app ? I wonder if this would help with some of the App crashes that Everyone is experiencing. I plan on trying it the next time I fly, And will report back.

Hey guys new to the forum. I was having the same issue that you all are having after the latest DJI Go update. Playing with my phones Display settings, I found that the Display size warning does NOT pop up when I turn the resolution to the FHD+(2220x1080), its the middle option for me. It takes a second for the app to open, but it doesn't tell me it does not support it. Hope that helps, if you guys have found something else that allows you to use the full resolution WQHD+(2960x1440) let me know, as that wasn't an issue prior to DJI's update.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato