DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 new version adds Quickshot

I'd like to take a look at that as I've not seen tit before. Where is it located? Was this added with the last release? Thanks.
It has always been there, since the Mavic was released. It is located just as I described. P46 of the manual.

I am confused.
Isn't hover just what it always does when active track aborts or you elect to exit this intelligent flight mode? Nothing to set or understand wrt RTH.

Oh no... it will RTH, just as you have it set. Home Point is wherever it took off! It does hover for 3 seconds when signal is lost so you can regain control and cancel. But otherwise, it's following it's settings. I don't know that DJI has ever changed this but I've had it attempt to do just that. It's not a great feeling

I disagree. If active track loses the subject it will pop up "subject lost searching" and hover. If you hit cancel or pause while in active track it will also hover. But this is nothing to do with RTH settings. On the other hand, if you were to allow active track to fly the mavic behind an obstacle and cause a signal loss, or continue flying with it until low battery then Yes RTH will occur. But these are system wide setting not specific to active track.

This is just a random ActiveTrack video
At about 5 minutes in you can see the guy has the drone beside him but the home point is back where he started 350m away. In this situation there is arguably a case to have the home point following along with him dynamically. Rather than flying off into the distance for an unattended landing when the battery level triggere it. . If is was me I would have considered updating the home point to ME (remote) every so often as I passed a suitable location.

Ummh I am pretty sure you will be able to choose dynamic home point. I will defiantly use it (on occasion) like when I fly it from my moving boat to film some wakeboarding. Because . guess what?, my old RTH point is now just a patch of water (and far away). This will be very useful.

Ummh I am pretty sure you will be able to choose dynamic home point. I will defiantly use it (on occasion) like when I fly it from my moving boat to film some wakeboarding. Because . guess what?, my old RTH point is now just a patch of water (and far away). This will be very useful.
Yep. Makes sense. Have not managed to find the "choose" part yet, but hopefully it is there.

Yes, tried QuickShot today - and made a little video about it with some test footage

This is pretty cool I like a lot

Reactions: MrsTreat
My understanding is it does not work the way you (and I) would want. It will not return to the location of the controller, but to a recent location of the drone itself. I would like a mode that updates the homepoint to my current location, but this mode does not accomplish that, and you may lose your drone if you use it while on a moving boat.

What does it accomplish? Motopa may have hit on a possible answer. If you are controlling via wifi, and lose contact, the drone will return to the last location, where it (hopefully) had wifi contact. That way, if your drone wanders into an area where you cannot reach it, it will try to go back to a previous location and perhaps allow you to regain control.

Nobody here has special guessing powers....

BTW there's again a new iOS version, 4.1.11.

I have downloaded the Android version, so it would guess now.

Android appears to still be on 4.1.9. DJI as usual catering to the more vocal minority than the quieter majority of users.

Dronie only goes 60 meters ?

What if I want to take it further and return ?

YES, Simply swipe from right to left on the main DJIGo4 camera view Screen. Select HomePoint:Me

View attachment 21901

So long as your mobile device has a GPS fix, it will update the home point to the controller.
You are correct. And from my understanding, the HP doesn't automatically "follow" your RC/mobile device when u do this, but records the new HP at the time you tap it. In other words, you have to periodically hit the "home" button to update your position.

Hi I tried and not problem. well problem is NO QUICK SHOT by Wifi. dji go can be released in particular countries. apk mirror is reliable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme