DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 update available on Android Play Store - Any Volunteers?

THIS POST IS DIRECTED TO DJI STAFF - PLEASE LET THE THOUSANDS OF LOYAL (at least for a little while longer) DJI FLYERS KNOW THE PARAMETERS FOR ESTABLISHING THE NFZ'S . IT SEEMS THAT DJI ASSUMES MOST OF US ARE RECKLESS, DANGEROUS VIOLATORS OF THE LAW, AS WELL AS STUPID DJI DRONE FLYERS.

I BASE THIS JUDGEMENT ON YOUR ACTIONS TO RESTRICT RATHER THAN ADVISE. AT SOME POINT IT WILL INFLUENCE YOUR CUSTOMER BASE.

LOOK AT YOUR WHOLE CUSTOMER BASE - MANY OF WHOM ARE FULL SCALE PILOTS AS WELL AS MEMBERS OF AMA AND OTHER OUTSTANDING ORGANIZATIONS RELATED TO AVIATION.

Reactions: Mellios and gllkoop
I was stupid enough to update: Simply does not work, I get the "Unfortunately DJI GO 4 stopped" immediately after pressing the app icon, does not even display anything else. I have tried lots of different things including un-installing and re-installing several times, resetting the tablet to factory defaults etc. I have an Acer Iconia B1-750 with an Intel Atom CPU and Android 4.4.4 which was running DJI Go 4 version 4.0.7 and FW .700 without a glitch, smooth video, responsive tablet, no disconnects or crashes.
Than I suffered from temptation: I was curious to see if any panorama functionality had been added to the Mavic, so I upgraded...
What is strange is that after I try to start the app and dismiss the resulting notification (that the app has stopped) it will show the notification later, even without trying to start it again. Its like if the app (or something else) keeps trying in the background.
Regardless, I learned my lesson. Clearly, his company can not be trusted with the basic testing of some of the software they publish. It is scary to read the Android App reviews In the Playstore. Supported devices or not, that seams to make no difference.
Next for me is to accept to loose some functionality and downgrade to 4.0.7 and stay off the internet with that tablet as much as I can. At least I should be able to fly my 1200 Euro drone.
Rgds
Mellios

Update: After some more attempts to have the latest version working (with no result) tablet reset to factory defaults, downgraded to 4.0.7. Installation ok, app working fine as before. Tablet disconnected from internet (wifi off). Next few days will do some flight tests to make sure everything is ok.

Can anybody confirm that if I connect to the internet, the DJI app will demand to be updated to the (not working) 4.1.0?
Thanks for any help.
Mellios

Update: After some more attempts to have the latest version working (with no result) tablet reset to factory defaults, downgraded to 4.0.7. Installation ok, app working fine as before. Tablet disconnected from internet (wifi off). Next few days will do some flight tests to make sure everything is ok.

Can anybody confirm that if I connect to the internet, the DJI app will demand to be updated to the (not working) 4.1.0?
Thanks for any help.
Mellios
If you are on Android, simply login to the Play Store and go to Settings, where you can turn off automatic updates. That's what I did. I'm able to keep my device online (wifi) 100% of the time, when I am not connected to the Mavic, and the GO4 app does not update itself. My device is an older LG-G2 phone, dedicated to the Mavic - without a SIM card, so I have no access to data when flying. So, it can't check for firmware updates in the field.

Reactions: Mellios
If you are on Android, simply login to the Play Store and go to Settings, where you can turn off automatic updates. That's what I did. I'm able to keep my device online (wifi) 100% of the time, when I am not connected to the Mavic, and the GO4 app does not update itself. My device is an older LG-G2 phone, dedicated to the Mavic - without a SIM card, so I have no access to data when flying. So, it can't check for firmware updates in the field.

Thanks for your reply.
"turn off automatic updates" I did that before I installed 4.0.7 from the sd card, so I know it will not update automatically via the playstore. My doubt is if I go online with the tablet wont the app check with dji and refuse to work (next time it links to the mavic) knowing its not the latest version?
Never mind, you just said it doesn't...
Ok, that is good, it means I can cache maps. What about logging in to my DJI account from the app? will that trigger a demand to update the app?
By demand I mean the app requires to be updated to the latest version before it can work with the Mavic again.

What about logging in to my DJI account from the app? will that trigger a demand to update the app?
I use airdata.com for my logs. Don't know how vigilante DJI is if you are logging to their site. Try it and find out. It only takes a few minutes to reload the apk of Go 4.07. I seriously doubt anything will happen, since they can only push an app update through the Play Store.

Reactions: Mellios
I use airdata.com for my logs. Don't know how vigilante DJI is if you are logging to their site. Try it and find out. It only takes a few minutes to reload the apk of Go 4.07. I seriously doubt anything will happen, since they can only push an app update through the Play Store.
You are right, I will try.
thks

Reactions: Qoncussion
I downloaded it for iOS, there wasn't an update for the drone. I am about 2 hrs away from where I live and right down the road on the map shows two small restricted circles. I turned on the aerial and the places that are marked restricted just look like a small business/ industrial park. Not sure why this is a restricted area.

With that said, it looks like anyone owning a parcel that wants to implement a do not fly zone can now do that. Private parcels are now apart of the warning system

A small circle with a R in it is a private airstrip, not restricted. I have no idea why the FAA chose the letter R for private.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Igwe3