DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 update available on Android Play Store - Any Volunteers?

Qoncussion

Reactions
So... Who is going to be the first to find out what all of the fuss has been about? I'm waiting for other tortured souls to report in before updating anything right now :confused:

Reactions: Former Member
I saw in another thread this morning that it was available and several people in there said they had already upgraded and it didn't change anything.

I have now the latest version.
The first thing I noticed is that it has errors to update the flight records ... another problem is that I flew only 10 minutes after updating the app and it seems that the drone has lost stability.
Additionally it takes about 3 to 4 minutes for the NFZ message to disappear... only operates when it reaches 14 GPS satellites.
Read other cases in this DJI thread.

Updated to DJI Go 4 4.1.0 for Android

Here is a some postings from dji's community forum concerning the most recent android GO4 app version 4.1.0 update.

1)Wow, updated twice (did the uninstall/install/reboot dance) and this is the worst update, for sure. The previous version worked 'acceptably well' (the very rare "disconnected").

ALL BAD: Stability/Reliability is horrible. I'm getting an all black screen, then back out, tap "go fly" again. Now it's like it's only showing the upper left 25% of the screen, but stretched to fullscreen. Reboot everything. More anomalies. WOW! (Samsung Note 5, Android 6.0.1)

BAD: Tried to YouTube livestream & got a "unfortunately blah blah... stopped" OK or REPORT. Reboot. Same thing.
GOOD: Mavic hovered just fine on its own during all of this, however.
BETTER: I didn't get any activation or lockout or anything. Flew fine. ALL Settings populated in. No new settings.
BEST: Using the DJI Goggles, I wouldn't have known any of this was going on; they worked as they should (stayed connected, etc).
2)Just updated to the new go version 4.1.0 and digital zoom doesn't work anymore.
Any ideas?
3)just updated to the new go 4 and it doesnt work anymore !!! keeps crashing all the time. i have android 7 on it. tried it on 2nd phone with android 6 and it works there!! WTF - DJI has not made it compatible for Android 7 ??? and i now i am stuck ? many here have the same issue ....
4)I did notice that my records are not correct. It shows that I have flown a total of 7,000+ feet when I really had 300,000+. Also went from 12 hours of flight time to 30 minutes. I dont know what this is all about but its not synchronizing correctly.
Stay Tuned...this is just the beginning with much more to come. With these type of issues, there is likely NO CHANCE that dji performed any beta testing with Android Devices.

Reactions: Qoncussion
My auto update was still on after I turned it off. But My note 5 just had a update 2 days ago. Anyway I tryed with my MP and everthing seems to work fine . I also have the older DJI go4 on my tablet and tryed that also and it worked live feed ect. Neither of them asked me to log into DJI site? I did see the older NFZ maps vs new.
4ebd7098857e7f0da93d260b0e49863f.jpg

5cec3242f481635e567921e7c97cb205.jpg

I think the app update comes first. Following that, the dreaded firmware update (forthcoming) will be when we see the site login stuff...

Reactions: tcope
I took my Mavic out on its maiden flight today, DJI GO4 updated to latest version, .700 firmware, HT 10 with nougat. 15 min flite, no issues.

I haven't flown with it yet as my Mavic hasn't been redelivered yet, but seems my flight log is messed up

YouTube authentication even more broke now. It actually will crash the app instead of giving the 403 user agent error.

Is it really too much to ask to get simple streaming to work? And then the FB Live feature wants me to authenticate a Biz Mgr work account that's tied to my FB login --- no thanks.

mine got stuck when it had to download geo info
0bf82af746a7ae24e74447732ff7addc.jpg

Reactions: Blades
I downloaded it for iOS, there wasn't an update for the drone. I am about 2 hrs away from where I live and right down the road on the map shows two small restricted circles. I turned on the aerial and the places that are marked restricted just look like a small business/ industrial park. Not sure why this is a restricted area.

With that said, it looks like anyone owning a parcel that wants to implement a do not fly zone can now do that. Private parcels are now apart of the warning system

guys.. today I still used the "old" Dji go app and I flew into a ZFL.. now I'm at work tonight I'll post video + log I had lots of satellites .. actually that part were I took off was not fly zone some weeks ago that's why I was surprised "nfz.." what?

I'm on 4.10 now but I havent fly my mavic yet but one thing I notice it I'm always on pound£ whenever i change my country/location it'll return to pound£ again once I opened the app again :(

And it always on spark :)

The new IOS app go4 say it can now update (read add) no fly zones 'on the fly in real time' this means you could find yourself grounded if the area you are flying in suddenly becomes a NFZ. It seems now most anybody who owns property can add it to the no fly zone database. This is too much, this is my last DJI product, when it gets to the point where I have to drive 20 miles into the woods to find a place to fly I will just get me one without all the Nanny State restrictions built in.

Just updated to 10 no issues at all and my S8+ works on Go4. The S8 kept crashing with the last series. Just flew for about 20 minutes not a single glitch to report and the S8 screen is awsome.

Reactions: Qoncussion
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998