DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 update available on Android Play Store - Any Volunteers?

I downloaded it for iOS, there wasn't an update for the drone. I am about 2 hrs away from where I live and right down the road on the map shows two small restricted circles. I turned on the aerial and the places that are marked restricted just look like a small business/ industrial park. Not sure why this is a restricted area.

With that said, it looks like anyone owning a parcel that wants to implement a do not fly zone can now do that. Private parcels are now apart of the warning system

SAY WHAT!!

I wrote that they might do this in the future but I did not expect it this soon. Are you saying that they have already implemented a system that allows any land owner to make his airspace a NFZ?

If that's the case every resort hotel, high rise, Gulf course and businesses of every kind are going to be applying very shortly for the NFZ list.

Rob

Auto update off, GO 4 4.0.7 app saved, firmware .400 - mavic is flying perfectly and I will remain with this setup as long as I own it [emoji106]

Update last night fly today with no problem -- New York City [emoji123][emoji123]

updated android 2 days ago
firmware is .700
flew several times since
all is good

the update to 4.1.0 dji go 4 app crashes before it starts.. Unfortunatelly dji go 4 stopped working.. i don't know what to do. i can't fly my mavic anymore!!!

the update to 4.1.0 dji go 4 app crashes before it starts.. Unfortunatelly dji go 4 stopped working.. i don't know what to do. i can't fly my mavic anymore!!!
Go to the link that @flyNfrank posted above. You can grab a previous version of Go4. Be sure to save your logs, and fully uninstall your current version first...

DJI GO 4 APKs - APKMirror

Reactions: trriley5
Fully uninstalling and deleting the DJI folder on the internal storage then reinstalling will most likely fix it already.

Fully uninstalling and deleting the DJI folder on the internal storage then reinstalling will most likely fix it already.
i did it but still crashes.. maybe i will install an apk 4.0.7 but i don't know if i can trust it..

i did it but still crashes.. maybe i will install an apk 4.0.7 but i don't know if i can trust it..

I edit away some of the file name before saving....such as: dji.go.v4_4.0.6.apk

I edit away some of the file name before saving....such as: dji.go.v4_4.0.6.apk
I downloaded the 4.0.7 apk and installed it.. everything seems to be ok. I havent any flight yet but at least it didnt crash as i opened the app.. i ll check it tomorrow..

Auto update off, GO 4 4.0.7 app saved, firmware .400 - mavic is flying perfectly and I will remain with this setup as long as I own it [emoji106]

I am on Go4 07 and Firmware 700. Mine works perfectly on my Tab S2 tablet on Marshmallow Android 6. Since that works so well for me I am staying right there. I did download all the APKs in the mirror today. Had to drive to town to get data signal on phone. Transferred all to computer, then to Tab S2. Don't ever want the Tab S2 connecting to the internet. If it an't broke don't fix it.

BTW, you can easily prevent automatic app updates under Android. Simply download the desired version from apkmirror.com, and re-sign the apk before installing it. Use ZipSigner from the Play store, for example. That way the app will not get associated to its Play entry, and updates will not show up.

Just a light warning..if you don't update to latest software you can experience some clitches... the software not giving through the right algorithims. software updates eliminate bugs.. I had experiance first hand. I swapped over to IOS.
much more stable and reliable. But thats just my advice. still your choice. been flying and builing drones for he last 8 years. good luck!

Just a light warning..if you don't update to latest software you can experience some clitches... the software not giving through the right algorithims. software updates eliminate bugs.. I had experiance first hand. I swapped over to IOS.
much more stable and reliable. But thats just my advice. still your choice. been flying and builing drones for he last 8 years. good luck!

Obviously your new to using DJI apps?
We already have a few bugs in this latest release that were not in the previous release.

Rob

Reactions: Mellios
Obviously new to using DJI apps?
We already have a few bugs in this latest release that were not in the previous release.

Rob
I was stupid enough to update: Simply does not work, I get the "Unfortunately DJI GO 4 stopped" immediately after pressing the app icon, does not even display anything else. I have tried lots of different things including un-installing and re-installing several times, resetting the tablet to factory defaults etc. I have an Acer Iconia B1-750 with an Intel Atom CPU and Android 4.4.4 which was running DJI Go 4 version 4.0.7 and FW .700 without a glitch, smooth video, responsive tablet, no disconnects or crashes.
Than I suffered from temptation: I was curious to see if any panorama functionality had been added to the Mavic, so I upgraded...
What is strange is that after I try to start the app and dismiss the resulting notification (that the app has stopped) it will show the notification later, even without trying to start it again. Its like if the app (or something else) keeps trying in the background.
Regardless, I learned my lesson. Clearly, his company can not be trusted with the basic testing of some of the software they publish. It is scary to read the Android App reviews In the Playstore. Supported devices or not, that seams to make no difference.
Next for me is to accept to loose some functionality and downgrade to 4.0.7 and stay off the internet with that tablet as much as I can. At least I should be able to fly my 1200 Euro drone.
Rgds
Mellios

I'm not sure when my app updated to 4.1.0 because it auto updated, but I've noticed several issues in the last few days.
1. The digital zoon on the remote does not work but works when I zoom in on the phone itself
2. HD video signal is not consistent.
3. Slider to land Mavic does not show up. It beeps and acts like its waiting on me to move the slider but the slider won't show. I have to disable the down vision sensor in order to land it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos