DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 Warning Message

MGrosvold

Reactions
I just installed DG4 and the first thing after tapping "Enter Device" (renamed from "Camera") I see is an warning message that v3.1.0(9) doesn't display. It's states that "Your mobile phone Wi-Fi is of 2.4Ghz, conflicting with remote controller. Disable WiFi or." It doesn't display any more text after the word "or." I have a Samsung S6.

I guess it's not a problem to disable Wi-Fi but I have never seen the message using v3 and I've had no trouble flying so I kind of doubt there is actually a conflict . Anybody have a clue as to why DG4 thinks there's a problem with my phone's WiFi signal?

Just an extra precaution I guess.

Interestingly I haven't had that warning on either of the 2 devices I tried GO 4 on, granted one was connected to a 5.8 WiFi, but the other was connected to 2.4 as it doesn't support 5.8.

I just installed DG4 and the first thing after tapping "Enter Device" (renamed from "Camera") I see is an warning message that v3.1.0(9) doesn't display. It's states that "Your mobile phone Wi-Fi is of 2.4Ghz, conflicting with remote controller. Disable WiFi or." It doesn't display any more text after the word "or." I have a Samsung S6.

I guess it's not a problem to disable Wi-Fi but I have never seen the message using v3 and I've had no trouble flying so I kind of doubt there is actually a conflict . Anybody have a clue as to why DG4 thinks there's a problem with my phone's WiFi signal?

Ditto here. I use a mobile hotspot and tether my tablet to the S7 purely for map data. Is it possible to cache map data prior to flying so I can turn the wifi off?

Same issue. I reported it in the other DJI GO 4 thread.

It only occured if I had the old and new DJI GO Apps installed. Once I uninstalled the old DJI GO the warning went away.

Im tethering for map data and got this message today while trying out dji go 4. I've never had this warning before. =/ I wish i could see what it says after "or" any way of viewing the entire message?

I also get this warning on my Xperia XZ And this problem is real!
I remember when I tried updating the Mavic firmware at home via the Xperia which was logged into my home WLAN network, downloading the update always failed. After switching off WLAN at the Xperia the update downloaded without problems via its LTE connection.
And I have an internet radio receiver at my living room which is also connected to my home WLAN. If this radio is running and I switch on both MAvic and remote, there will be disruptions for the internet radio. So the Mavic forces priority for its connection against WLAN.

Im using an S6 with GO 4 and i just turn wifi off anyway as its no use in the middles of a field ... :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes