DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4__4.2.12

bmelody

Reactions
Has anyone installed 4.2.12 in their Moverio yet? I am thinking about it but being new to the Moverio I have not yet tried to side loaded any apps. The main reason to upgrade is DJI GO 4.2.12 now supports OTG for the spark. 4.2.8 OTG works fine with my Mavic but not the Spark. I was flying today with the Moverio's using WiFi and was having lots of loss of signal and video freezes. I am not a big fan of WiFi so its time for the latest upgrade.

It is available at:

DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.2.12 APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror

Hoping I can download this to an SD card and install it in the Moverio BT-300.

~Bill

Hi ksmuas,

I plan on it ASAP but I need to make sure I understand how to side load a program. I think because it is an apk file it should be pretty easy. Wish me luck,

i have a video from Epson and it looks straight forward. But I read something that says 2 files are required. But since it is an apk I'm thinking I only need the one.

Directions from Chuck K on Facebook....

For all of you who would like to use Google Photos to upload the cached video files from the BT-300 to the Google cloud, you can do it by side-loading a few key Google files. These have been tested to work but that's subject to change. I've been happily using Photos with the Galley apk disabled for weeks now...

I'll outline the steps here:

Download the files from my dropbox Google_For_BT300 .

1. Sideload them all to the BT-300's.
2. Install them in order as numbered.
3. Begin with Google Account Manager.
4. Important!!! After installing 1_Google Account Manager, reboot the device.
5. Install Google Services Framework.
6. Install Google Play Services.
7. Install Google Play Store.
8. Start the play store and enter your google credentials.
The play store will NOT run but your credentials will be registered.
9. Install Photos.
10. Go to Settings, Apps and disable Gallery.
11. Install Litchi version 4.3 .0 beta. It is working perfectly.

Litchi for DJI Mavic v4.3.0 b1866 Beta [Patched] APK está fazendo o download agora!

12. Enjoy!!!

I need some help. I sideloaded 4.2.12 but have a problem. Here is what I did.
1. Enabled 3rd party apps in security
2. I attempted to simple upgrade the app. That gave me an "X app not installed".
3. Deleted DJI Go app installed from the Moverio app store using the uninstall feature.
4. Installed the new apk. Installed OK, opened.
5 App installed and the DJI splash screen appeared. Looking GOOD so far.
6 Here is the problem When the app attempted to download the resource file from DJI I get the following message. Failed to get resource file. Please check your network connection. I went to the setting menu and checked that my WiFi is on and connect to the internet. It was connected. I then went back to the Moverio app store and used the updated button. The app installed correctly, the resource file loaded correctly and at that point I was able to input my personal info and the app runs as it did before, albeit at 4.2.8 as you would expect.

I tried a 2nd slightly different apk from another source. Same results.

For some reason the new apk is not able to access the WiFi in the Moverio's. Is there some magic switch I have not set?

I need some help. I sideloaded 4.2.12 but have a problem. Here is what I did.
1. Enabled 3rd party apps in security
2. I attempted to simple upgrade the app. That gave me an "X app not installed".
3. Deleted DJI Go app installed from the Moverio app store using the uninstall feature.
4. Installed the new apk. Installed OK, opened.
5 App installed and the DJI splash screen appeared. Looking GOOD so far.
6 Here is the problem When the app attempted to download the resource file from DJI I get the following message. Failed to get resource file. Please check your network connection. I went to the setting menu and checked that my WiFi is on and connect to the internet. It was connected. I then went back to the Moverio app store and used the updated button. The app installed correctly, the resource file loaded correctly and at that point I was able to input my personal info and the app runs as it did before, albeit at 4.2.8 as you would expect.

I tried a 2nd slightly different apk from another source. Same results.

For some reason the new apk is not able to access the WiFi in the Moverio's. Is there some magic switch I have not set?

I have experienced this problem as well. From what I can tell, you must use the version provided by the Moverio app. Apparently it has been specially adapted specifically for this device.

Hi ksmusa,

Thanks for the response. I guess I will have to wait for the official release. No big deal but I would really like to use an OTG cable with my Spark. I will continue using WiFi when using my Spark and an OTG cable when I fly my Mavic.

Hopefully Moverio will chime in an give me an estimate of when Epson will release 4.2.12.

I see you are in Carmel, CA, I am in Morgan Hill, CA. Have a great day.

Thanks again, ~Bill

I have experienced this problem as well. From what I can tell, you must use the version provided by the Moverio app. Apparently it has been specially adapted specifically for this device.

I was informed by Epson that they don't modify the DJI software in anyway and that it is 'safe' to use the APK sideloaded from APKPURE. I did this with 4.2.8 before release on Moverio store and it worked like a charm. I tried to upgrade to 4.2.12 same way this weekend and have the same problem unpacking the resource file. I guess we will have to wait for an 'official' release.

Thanks for the update. I will try this again to see if it works. My last attempt was unsuccessful due to the issues that you reported.

Last edited:
Thanks all,

Hopefully we won't have to wait too long. I was going to try apkpure next week after I get home from a trip but now I know that didn't work either. Must be something to do with the Moverio as I was able to sideload 4.2.12 into several phones. Oh well!

Thanks all,

Hopefully we won't have to wait too long. I was going to try apkpure next week after I get home from a trip but now I know that didn't work either. Must be something to do with the Moverio as I was able to sideload 4.2.12 into several phones. Oh well!

APKPURE has a new build of 4.2.12 which works OK with the Movarios - at least it now unpacks the resource files. I had to manually uninstall 4.2.8 first. Not tried in flight yet but ground tests are checking out OK so far. Now if only I could only get Litchi working - I suspect a DPI incompatibility but I am unwilling to make that mod on the Moverios to test this out. I get an immediate disconnect and Litchi crashes as soon as I connect to the aircraft.

Wow! GREAT NEWS! I will give it a try on Thursday when I get home. Thanks for posting.

Just curious, did it fix the map issues ie empty map box on the left hand side?

Just curious, did it fix the map issues ie empty map box on the left hand side?
No it didn't - that issue still exists as does the WiFi channel display problem but neither are deal breakers for me.

Well that sucks. I read the map issue is a DPI issue. I wonder oh the WiFi display is also. I say this because the WiFi display works fine on my phones. Oh well looks like we may have to learn how the change the DPI

I suspect that the DPI issue is the cause of Litchi crashing, but it's just a hunch.

@bmelody - let us know if you try it out - there is a DPI hack available but it is a step further that I am willing to go at the moment without some additional validation. We should have some support for this problem from Epson as they claim fully compatible with DJI Go and this has been a known issue for some time.

Last edited:
Reactions: ksmusa
Hi, I am disappointed that the Wifi has not been addressed I feel this has greater relevance than the radar that can at least be accessed by selection.
I am beginning to worry this may not be resolved. Contacting Epson they refer to DJI (There's a hole in my bucket dear Lisa.................)

Reactions: ksmusa
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman