DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go and DJI Go4 crash every flight?

dangerousdavekincaid

Reactions
I have had my Mavic now for almost a month and every time the app turn off while flying. I have tried both DJI Go apps. I am using a new LG V20 and just with in the last week I had to switch out the LG phone because of other phone issues. So have install and re-installed the DJI Go app many times. The LG V20 I believe is on the approved list.. Please if anyone has any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Afraid to fly very far with have to restart app at times two or three times per flight.

Have you set your phone into flight mode prior to flying? Both WIFI and cellular networks interfere with the Mavic remote, especially as both are very tight together.

I am afraid this is due to software development.
I have experienced this with an approved android phone too.
A sgs5 with a custom nougat rom (cyanogen) ..
Each flight was a nightmare, being afraid of loosing the application...and every times, it crashed with sometimes not being able to pair the aircraft again without restarting android [emoji17]

Finally I switched to iOS I hate, just for the Mavic, because, from my point of view, it is simply unacceptable to deal with this risk, flying.

Damned android fragmentation!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I have an LG V20 as well and I did experience a couple of crashes with my earlier flights. However I can only recall 1 app crash during a flight since I started to remember to turn on airplane mode and kill all of the background apps.

Let me know if this works for you.

Sent from my LG-H990 using MavicPilots mobile app

It can't be a problem cause by android operating system alone. I am using an old Galaxy S-4 running 5.0.1, and it has never crashed. I'm knocking on wood after having said this.

Reactions: moustic
I have had my Mavic now for almost a month and every time the app turn off while flying. I have tried both DJI Go apps. I am using a new LG V20 and just with in the last week I had to switch out the LG phone because of other phone issues. So have install and re-installed the DJI Go app many times. The LG V20 I believe is on the approved list.. Please if anyone has any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Afraid to fly very far with have to restart app at times two or three times per flight.
You might try going back to an earlier version of the DJIGO app.

Did you try airplane mode in the LG V20?

Decided to try looking for comments on my issues with the DJI Go app. I have used both the DJI GO and the DJI Go 4 app. Both crash everything I fly. Was out doing video for a RC Boat race and the app would be fine then it would crash. One time had to reboot the phone. Also found out that you can go to the other app after it crashes. I have flown with Litchi app and so far has not crashed. BUT I really want or prefer to use the DJI software. I have not tried switching to airplane mode. If you switch to airplane mode I believe you cannot use live stream. Just wish DJI can get this solved. Thanks for all your inputs....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000