DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji go and go 4

dragoon218

Reactions
So I was completely oblivious to the fact that there were 2 apps. I have just been using the standard go app, until I saw there was the go 4 designed for dji's newer products. I downloaded it then started to read all the bad reviews about crashes and what not. Has this been patched yet or just stick with the regular go app for mavic flight? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G930V using MavicPilots mobile app

You should only use DJI GO 4 for the Mavic. You'd be better off ignoring the reviews. Most people who are having a good experience don't take the time to leave a review.

Reactions: F6Rider and sonof40
I'm recieving my mavic either tomorrow or Saturday. I'm also weary about this. Seems like most bad reviews and crashes happened before the December 22 update for the Android app. Reviews in the play Store are horrible. But I'm really not looking forward to having the app potentially crash on me in flight. I use a Samsung s7 edge and am curious to see if crashing has simmered down a lot. I've also heard of several youtubers who fly with the original dji go app without issue whatsoever but for the sake of using recommended and latest software I want to know if it's still good to use 4 without it bombing out as well. Thanks

Reactions: dragoon218
DJI GO4 all the way ..... I have had no real issues apart from the HERE maps issues which has been resolved.

The GO app crashed on my phone multiple times (LG V20). I haven't had any such problems with the GO4 app with my phone or iPad Pro.

Reactions: Savededa
Can't address any potential issues with Android but GO4 seems to be rock solid with IOS, as stated above, the vast majority of Pilots are not having problems and won't post a review. Good luck.

Reactions: dragoon218
Haha yeah so I've heard with ios. I only have android products, particularly a galaxy s7 edge, but I was curious if some or most were able to get it solid on android alone. I hope I have the same luck everyone else seems to have. On a brighter note seems like most crash report posts in a lot of forums slowed down after Christmas. Maybe the past few weeks have been good for folks

Now I just have to figure out how to stop my phone from charging while plugged in to the mav controller. Sucks the life out of with a quickness!

Sent from my SM-G930V using MavicPilots mobile app

Hey been doing some major reading, just read something else. Try turning off fast charging on the Samsung device and see if that helps, get back to me! Won't be able to test dji go 4 on my Samsung phone until Saturday most likely!

The GO app crashed on my phone multiple times (LG V20). I haven't had any such problems with the GO4 app with my phone or iPad Pro.

I was completely unaware there was a GO4 app, but when I loaded up my GO app tonight and connected to the Mavic, I received a notification pop up that the GO app would no longer support the Mavic Pro in February 2017. It said I needed to go download the GO4.

I also have LG V20, and the GO app crashed on my first flight. After that it was fine. Really nervous about trying the GO4 now and reading up on some of its limitations like google maps missing.

Really nervous about trying the GO4 now and reading up on some of its limitations like google maps missing.

It should be fine. I'd like to have Google Maps, but whatever maps they are using seem to be good enough for the places I have been flying. I really only look at the maps for Home Point confirmation. Other than that, I'm looking at the live feed. GO4 has been very reliable for me. They did take away Art (not sure why), but I have just been using standard video settings as I am only flying for fun right now. I'm not aware of anything else different between the two, as I switched after a few flights. Be sure to clear out your background apps before flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne