DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO or DJI GO 4 ?

NOLA-J

Reactions
I'm confused why there are two apps in the App Store. I just want to make sure I use the latest software. Using an iPhone 7.
4316513cef767ebb86ec998ac07578b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

DJI GO 4 should be used when flying the Mavic. While DJI GO might still work with the Mavic today, it'll eventually no longer work when DJI releases an incompatible Mavic firmware change.

I've been using the DJI GO app to fly and it works great. The GO 4 app looks almost identical. Just not sure what to do.

It's not dedicated to the Mavic, but it's what DJI recommends be used when flying the Mavic.

Reactions: NOLA-J
DJI GO 4 can also be used to fly the Phantom 4.

If you use Apple products (iPhone, iPad), you should use the 4 app. Unfortunately, I have for my designated screen the Samsung Tab a6 7'' (2016) and this device only performs well with the 3 app. And the support for the Mavic on the 3 app ends at February :-(

The 4 GO app (probably) works with high-specs Android devices (I cannot confirm that, though).

GO will not be supported for the Mavic starting next week, per DJI.
If it's working today, it'll still work after next week if you don't install a new version of DJI GO and/or new Mavic firmware that contains breaking changes.

I use the go 4 app on am Android tab s2 8". Hasn't crashed once and has been flawless. With the exception of a Samsung bug with the USB connection being weirdest initiate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: NOLA-J
It's confusing though. They have updated the DJI GO early this month.

708d0020d625e93ee3326f3fd92b3999.jpg

Just be aware that most of the instructional YouTube videos on the internet you may be watching are NOT DJi Go 4 but the older app. That means some of the settings you may be watching and making s note of are not available on the newer app.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using MavicPilots mobile app

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming