DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go Pro 4 Mavic 2 Pro altitude limit with LAANC authorization

Reactions
Good afternoon fellow Mavic Pro 2 Pilots. I am FAA Part 107 certified and have been flying the Mavic 2 Pro for over 3 months. I was flying the other day in Class D airspace to the surface. Flight auto authorized up to 200 feet (as visualized in AIRMAP). I fly with the DJI Smart Controller and use my iPhone for AIRMAP. I ascended to 90 feet and the DJI GO PRO 4 app on the smart controller displayed a warning, “flying above this altitude may cause a loss of control.” I descended. I then filed for a LAANC through the KITTYHAWK app and had authorization in a few minutes. I ascended to 90 feet and again I got the warning to keep altitude below 90ft. Anyone have this issue or can anyone direct me where I can resolve this warning after LAANC authorization? Thanks in advance.

Good afternoon fellow Mavic Pro 2 Pilots. I am FAA Part 107 certified and have been flying the Mavic 2 Pro for over 3 months. I was flying the other day in Class D airspace to the surface. Flight auto authorized up to 200 feet (as visualized in AIRMAP). I fly with the DJI Smart Controller and use my iPhone for AIRMAP. I ascended to 90 feet and the DJI GO PRO 4 app on the smart controller displayed a warning, “flying above this altitude may cause a loss of control.” I descended. I then filed for a LAANC through the KITTYHAWK app and had authorization in a few minutes. I ascended to 90 feet and again I got the warning to keep altitude below 90ft. Anyone have this issue or can anyone direct me where I can resolve this warning after LAANC authorization? Thanks in advance.
Check maximum set altitude in DJI GO.

I don't think that the DJI GO 4 app knows anything about LAANC authorization, so it's just giving you the standard warnings when operating in the vicinity of airports.

I don't think that the DJI GO 4 app knows anything about LAANC authorization, so it's just giving you the standard warnings when operating in the vicinity of airports.
Thank you for the information and the attached link. I will review and put the info to good use.

The max allowed altitude should have shown on the map in AirMap... As a grid....maybe expand the map to see it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada