DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO unusable today

RayOZ

Reactions
DJI GO doesn't seem to work today. It crashes on my iPhone after a few seconds, every time. I've restarted my phone a day still doesn't fix it. Just opening the app, not connected to the RC, and the app still crashes after a few seconds.
Forced to use Litchi, but it seems it doesn't have any flight logs. I wants to use DJI GO'S pano to take some photos at the beach. I've not used litchi and I read it takes longer.
Obviously, I am not reluctant to fly, since there's no flight logs being stored and if my drone crashes, I might not be able to find it or have any flight logs to investigate.

DJI GO doesn't seem to work today. It crashes on my iPhone after a few seconds, every time. I've restarted my phone a day still doesn't fix it. Just opening the app, not connected to the RC, and the app still crashes after a few seconds.
Forced to use Litchi, but it seems it doesn't have any flight logs. I wants to use DJI GO'S pano to take some photos at the beach. I've not used litchi and I read it takes longer.
Obviously, I am not reluctant to fly, since there's no flight logs being stored and if my drone crashes, I might not be able to find it or have any flight logs to investigate.
Try to uninstall and then reinstall the app.

I'll do that soon. Very disappointing day. I had 3x Mavic batteries and 2x Spark batteries fully charged. Drive 1hr down to the coast and the app is unusable.
Plugged my Mavic to my laptop with DJI Assistant 2. It show no flight logs at all!! I've done 9 flights. Not really sure what is happening.
I was flying with my Spark yesterday and I had no issues at all.

Reactions: Ozman
I seems the problem is that DJI Go seems to clash with Litchi. I flew my Spark with WiFi to the RC so no problem.
Today, I connected to the Mavic RC with the OTG cable. It must have initiated Litchi when it first connected.
I deleted Litchi, and DJI Go hasn't crash yet. Maybe I should ask Apple for a refund. It seems I can't have both apps installed on my iPhone.

Reactions: Studoo
I have read about an iOS 11 bug leading to crashing iPhones and iPads today. MAybe that's the reason.

Was on a German new site.
Appearently Apple will roll out a fix today, but might be too late for most users...

Have been on 11 since it came out and have a 9.7 ipad and not had issue 1 with Go app . Am updating to 11.2 now and will see how that does today but has worked great for me and I fly alot .
Also am up to date on everything .

It was 11.1 that people were saying the app was crashing with, that’s why I’ve stayed with 11. I see 11.2 is out now but haven’t seen any reports yet as to whether that has fixed the problem. Gunna stick with 11 until I hear otherwise.

Thanks. Still doesn’t explain why I couldn’t find any flight logs in my Mavic with Assistant 2. DJI Go worked for a while after I uninstalled Litchi. But now it’s crashing constantly again. It was fine the day before. It’s just strange it stopped working. I didn’t install or update anything. It was 2 good flights around canals and islands.

I just got my Mavic last Sunday. I’ve flown it a few times this week with no issues. Today it made me take the quiz and it was crashing every time about half way through. I got through it and then it crashed again. I decided it wasn’t safe to take it up. I think from .1the other day. I’m upgrading to 11.2 now and then I’ll try reinstalling the app. Kind of disappointing on my first day off. Hopefully just a bump in the road.

I haven’t upgraded the iOS. Doing that now. But now my iPhone is acting strange, opening any app or settings, a few seconds later it crashes and ask for passcode/Touch ID.

I got to 11.2, started Go and fiddled with a few things and stayed in it for minutes with no problems, so I decided to go up. Pretty good flight (my longest yet by far) but had some strange signal issues and the Mavic went crazy on me for a minute. I ended up doing my first flight from fresh battery to auto RTH. Really enjoying this thing, but I had 30 seconds today where I thought I was going to get some exercise running about 1000 ft to where she was to pick up some pieces.

i had a VERY similar experience this afternoon. i was using the previous version of the iOS app. so 4.15 or whatever the one was right before this latest version. i interntionally didn't update. i was running ios 11.1.1 on an iphone x. no issues on any flight until this afternoon. i took my MP out to the lake shore and wanted to get a good shot of downtown cleveland. 500' out over the water, it went wacky. i looked on airdata and found it had a ton of yaw errors. they never showed up on my screen (i have to upload the video of my screen recording. it lost gps though still had plenty of satellites. went into ATTI mode. thankfully i was still in VLOS. i was able to regain control...barely. it started flying towards shore at 30+mph! i wasn't even in sport mode. so i landed, clibrated the compass and all seemed well.

after that, anytime i launched the app, it would start up and then crash a few seconds later. i still had remote control but it was annoying. i hooked up my cheap android phone in airplane mode and had no issues on 4.15. i should mention i'm also on the 2nd to most recent firmware too on the MP. it's definitely and iOS issues. i upgraded to 11.2 tonight but it's too dark to fly. but at least the app seems to stay open. so strange...

here is the link to my airdata flight log.

http://app.airdata.com/main?share=POcUqm

DJI Go seems to work out. Seems like it was iOS. Strange it only started to happen. Hopefully it doesn’t do that anymore. Almost ask for refund for the Litchi app. I might keep it, since it might not be the issue.

DJI Go 4 sucks! Here is an example of what I experienced today along with many other days. iPhone, Dji Go 4 App, and drone all with the latest software (dumb mistake)!!!

Good news is if you uninstall and reinstall 50 times....it might work. Oh, if you lose a drone using Litchi or some other 3rd party app,...your not covered if ANYTHING happens.

Love the drone but the app is way too buggy!

Last edited:
Thanks. Still doesn’t explain why I couldn’t find any flight logs in my Mavic with Assistant 2. DJI Go worked for a while after I uninstalled Litchi. But now it’s crashing constantly again. It was fine the day before. It’s just strange it stopped working. I didn’t install or update anything. It was 2 good flights around canals and islands.

The reason that you cannot see the logs on the Mavic is most likely because you are using an older version of Assistant 2.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky