DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go4 freezing on IPAD.Do you lose settings when you reinstall?

offtheback

Reactions
Have tried all the recommended Ipad mini4 settings to reduce freezing of app(thanks Msinger) but the problem continues.I assume the settings will be lost if I delete and reinstall the app but am hoping there is a way to save them.

You can take a screen shot of the setting pages before erasing the app. (press circular & side buttons at the same time to capture screen)

Reinstall may not fix it. May be the iPad mini.

How much ram is on the mini and how much is availability? How much cache is on the mini. Do you clear it regularly.

Have you tried a different cable?

Are you connected via the standard USB port or mini on side of controller. If side port try main USB port bottom center. Make sure your cable is a data cable. Apple makes several the stock iPad cable is a data/charging cable. Or should be.

Lastly what iOS version are u on? Need to be on 11 or better to run latest versions of go4. Sure it will run on older iOS but not well.

Paul C

Have tried all the recommended Ipad mini4 settings to reduce freezing of app(thanks Msinger) but the problem continues.I assume the settings will be lost if I delete and reinstall the app but am hoping there is a way to save them.
Before re-installing, make sure to clear the video cache and limit its size to 2Gb.

I was afraid this might happen with the iPad mini4. Has the power of a iPhone 6. Mine freezes up watching videos 720 pi or higher.

As to your main question, many of the settings are actually stored on the aircraft, rather than the app, so those settings should survive, but take screen shots of all your current app settings for reference. You may also want to copy off any previous .TXT flight logs you want to keep, before uninstalling GO 4 and reinstalling it.

Mini 4 will run iOS 12 without any degradation in performance. That's your best bet. Alternatively, get a Mini 5. It's the newest Mini. Mini 4 hardware is now long in the tooth.

I use Android devices and never have issues. Never.

The ipad mini 4 is just to slow for go 4 now The 2018 ipad is a beast (has the A10) and can be had from 279$ to 329$ i can dl 4k right from drone and edit with lumafusion on ipad....no lagging. Also screen records with no problems.

I use Android devices and never have issues. Never.
So do i but my galaxy s9+ or one plus 7 pro wont dl 4k from drone. Only 1080p files. With the ipad i can actually do that and edit on ipad. Kind of a game changer someone not always wanting to be at a computer

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998