DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO4 NFZ question

pt_hikes

Reactions
Hi, yesterday I was planning on taking my drone up near Comerica Park, a baseball stadium in Detroit. I have flown here multiple times without issues or warning messages from my GO4 app. When I got to my usual take off spot, I was right on the border of a seemingly new NFZ right over the stadiums. Is flying over an empty stadium permitted? Why would there be permanent NFZs over these stadiums prohibiting takeoff anywhere in the remote area, especially while no games/events are being held? Neither B4UFLY or AirMap show this area to be an NFZ. Any clarification would be much appreciated. Thank you!

It looks like the DJI Geo database was loaded with the planned TFRs for the original schedule of games, under which they would have been playing this week.

View attachment 100541
I see, I didn't realize checking the DJI map on computer would actually show reasons. I was only checking via the go4 app and the others I listed above. Is there any way to go about unlocking this temp NFZ? I will contact DJI about this

Thanks again!

I see, I didn't realize checking the DJI map on computer would actually show reasons. I was only checking via the go4 app and the others I listed above. Is there any way to go about unlocking this temp NFZ? I will contact DJI about this

Thanks again!

They won't unlock a TFR without approval from the agency with jurisdiction. Since this is not actually a TFR, your best bet is to contact them and let them know that it doesn't exist - i.e. the Geo database is wrong or out of date.

Visualize it sight
Shows that the stadium is in Class D airspace.
Max height 400'

Could a TFR been in place due to a Game that was to have been played on that date and time if Covid19 had not disrupted play?
a1.JPGa1.JPG

Reactions: pelagic_one

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet