DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles Altitude/Distance

Boblelezard

Reactions
Hi everyone!
I've been flying with my goggles/controller (NO telephone/tablet connected to the controler) for a while now and with no problems whatsoever.... perfect!!
Here comes the bad news: I recently updated ALL the F/Ws (aircraft/controler/goggles), and since then, I cannot fly over 30m altitude and 50m distance, without connecting a phone to the controler ... WTH ???
If someone has the secret, please share :)
Thanks

Reactions: hdt000gp and radman
This was introduced in Mavic Pro firmware 01.03.0800, you now need to connect a phone every time to unlock.

Try to logout then login to your account and see if that works.

Hi everyone!
I've been flying with my goggles/controller (NO telephone/tablet connected to the controler) for a while now and with no problems whatsoever.... perfect!!
Here comes the bad news: I recently updated ALL the F/Ws (aircraft/controler/goggles), and since then, I cannot fly over 30m altitude and 50m distance, without connecting a phone to the controler ... WTH ???
If someone has the secret, please share :)

From this post: "This has nothing to with the goggles. The Mavic with just RC will be distance limited with .800 and later firmware if the phone is not connected (That's the only way it can know you are authenticated/logged in)"

You'll have to rollback your FW (.700 or lower) if you wish to fly with the Goggles only and not be limited by DJI.

From my experience with this problem, all you have to do is have the phone or display (DJI GO) connected at initially/ at first, but then you can put it down, disconnect it, turn it off, whatever, and fly with just the goggles. There's just an initial check to see that you're logged in, and after that, you're good to go. I'm not sure what "resets" this trigger; powering off the mavic? or the RC? Kind of a hassle.

I downgraded the firmware to fly in a NFZ (on vacation) for a while, but I re-upgraded to the current firmware version after I learned that the Gimbal-Head-Tracking function was not available in the DJI Goggles with the older firmware, and I love that feature.

I downgraded the firmware to fly in a NFZ (on vacation) for a while, but I re-upgraded to the current firmware version after I learned that the Gimbal-Head-Tracking function was not available in the DJI Goggles with the older firmware, and I love that feature.

You can use mixed module FW and have the best of both. Goggles and all the new app features work as they should, without all the other limitations.

Reactions: TrayBoz
From my experience with this problem, all you have to do is have the phone or display (DJI GO) connected at initially/ at first, but then you can put it down, disconnect it, turn it off, whatever, and fly with just the goggles. There's just an initial check to see that you're logged in, and after that, you're good to go. I'm not sure what "resets" this trigger; powering off the mavic? or the RC? Kind of a hassle.

Hey Tray Boz!
Thanks for the answer. Yeah, it really a hassle, because the other day, I forgot my phone at home and "voilà", no flying beyond 30m/50m.
Would you happen to have the procedure to rollback to .700?
Thanks

You can use mixed module FW and have the best of both. Goggles and all the new app features work as they should, without all the other limitations.

Hi Lisadoc,
I like that ... tell me more. Do you happen to have a tutorial on the subject?
Thanks

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada