DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles: Are ALL the features of Go4 app going to work with these?

flynsign

Reactions
I know a lot of folks are using the DJI goggles without a phone or tablet as the goggles pretty much replicates Go4 app, but how many of the Go4 app features are NOT available when using just the goggles with the controller alone (no device)?

In particular, I was thinking of the new "find my drone" feature on the Go4 app that saved my Mavic from an eternal existence deep in the Idaho mountains by guiding me right to it (from 2 states away). I was wondering if the VERY important feature is sacrificed when using goggles only - anyone have any definitive answers regarding this?

No find the drone isn't on the goggles. Either is all the flight modes. Basically you get -
Head tracking gimbal
Head tracking drone
Full screen

That's it.

It's not a replacement for the Go App. But it's nice to be able to fly without the app and the device

No find the drone isn't on the goggles. Either is all the flight modes. Basically you get -
Head tracking gimbal
Head tracking drone
Full screen

That's it.

It's not a replacement for the Go App. But it's nice to be able to fly without the app and the device
Acually, not true. All the video reviews I've seen show all the same flight modes on the goggles (at least 7 of them I believe). I was hoping to be able to leave my phone/tablet behind but the find my drone feature is far too important for that to happen.

It would be best to use your phone/tablet along with the goggles. That'll allow you to check/set important settings like the RTH altitude prior to takeoff, view the map (if needed), and access other things that are only available in DJI GO.

It would be best to use your phone/tablet along with the goggles. That'll allow you to check/set important settings like the RTH altitude prior to takeoff, view the map (if needed), and access other things that are only available in DJI GO.

So a major safety feature as setting RTH altitude isn't available through the goggles?? Seems like a major oversite by DJI. :confused:

The DJI Goggles are not meant to be used as a replacement for DJI GO running on a mobile device. You'll need to use DJI GO to view/access nearly all of the settings.

Reactions: rydfree and Kilrah
Head tracking gimbal
Head tracking drone
Full screen

That's it.

No you get IFM as well.

I was hoping to be able to leave my phone/tablet behind
That suggests you're using a dedicated device for the Mavic - you can leave that behind and just use your everyday phone instead since you don't need a particularly large screen or powerful device since you won't be looking at it for flying.

Reactions: timsco60
I agree, better to use both.

Normally I use a 9.7" tablet, but with goggles I just use my Note 3 phone 5.7", as others have said no need for a large screen when using the goggles. But you do need Go4 app to fully setup the Mavic.

Head tracking gimbal
Head tracking drone
Full screen

That's it.

Buy DJI Goggles

Head tracking gimbal
Head tracking drone
Cinematic mode
Tripod mod
Active track
Terrain Follow
Tap fly
Fixed wing mode

You don't actually need a display device on the controller except to record the cached video if you want to , setup all the flight parameters and camera settings plus the Find my drone feature etc . If you do use a device I would still use one that can run the app without issues as you still do not want the app locking up and possibly locking up the controller as well . All the same issues as usual still need to be addressed if using a mobile device .

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan