DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles FINALLY HERE!!!!

Nice, how is the experience ?
It's absolutely fantastic. I breezed through setup and activation in less than 5 minutes without issue, and got everything setup. I pictured them heavier than they really are on the head. When I folded the viewers up and tilted my head forward or back they would fall off. They really hold on your head. I feel like I'm in a theater room sitting in the rear center seat, at a giant screen. Make sure when you activate your RC is on, connected to your Mavic and your phone is connected to the RC and DJI GO 4 is running and logged into your account. The one thing I'm not happy about is the RYG battery meter I use to gauge when to return so I have enough power to return home, but that can be added in a later FW update.

Just got mine a couple of hours ago. Got it charged and suffered through a firmware update on the Mavic. Raining of course. My basement looks great but I can't wait to fly. The goggles don't come with a bag or something?

Reactions: Chickenskat
I think mine are great too a lot better than i expected

Can you easily switch between video and photo mode from within the goggles or do you need to flip them up and do that on your primary display screen?

It's absolutely fantastic. I breezed through setup and activation in less than 5 minutes without issue, and got everything setup. I pictured them heavier than they really are on the head. When I folded the viewers up and tilted my head forward or back they would fall off. They really hold on your head. I feel like I'm in a theater room sitting in the rear center seat, at a giant screen. Make sure when you activate your RC is on, connected to your Mavic and your phone is connected to the RC and DJI GO 4 is running and logged into your account. The one thing I'm not happy about is the RYG battery meter I use to gauge when to return so I have enough power to return home, but that can be added in a later FW update.

Man oh man...I hate to sound so stupid...but will you answer a question for me? I flew with my goggles last evening...I had my controller on with my iPad mini...and Merlin 23 on...all were running....activated thru DJI Go Assistant (which had an update from 5/9). And went out and tried the goggles out...when I was flying...my iPad showed as disconnected...but I could control my flight thru the touch pad...today..my flights do not show up on my flight log thru the DJI flight list...can you tell me what I did wrong and why my flights from yesterday are not showing up? Thanks for your assist...

Can you easily switch between video and photo mode from within the goggles or do you need to flip them up and do that on your primary display screen?

You can switch between modes in the menu. Not sure what your definition of easy is. You definitely don't need the controller for that,

Reactions: Turnerm
Just a swipe when your on the record button. Much easier to use the dedicated RC buttons.

Reactions: Turnerm
Man oh man...I hate to sound so stupid...but will you answer a question for me? I flew with my goggles last evening...I had my controller on with my iPad mini...and Merlin 23 on...all were running....activated thru DJI Go Assistant (which had an update from 5/9). And went out and tried the goggles out...when I was flying...my iPad showed as disconnected...but I could control my flight thru the touch pad...today..my flights do not show up on my flight log thru the DJI flight list...can you tell me what I did wrong and why my flights from yesterday are not showing up? Thanks for your assist...

Your cable may be loose.

Guys, the next batch is available for ordering. Get em while you can.
On DJI's website? They are still showing out of stock for me (in the US anyhow).

Have you ever used an HTC Vive or Occulus rift headset? How does the screen door effect compare? Does the resolution feel amazing? Can you see little details?

The screen door effect is near non-existent . I have to really try to focus on it intentionally to see any kind of pixel lines . I have owned several headsets and VR screens and these blow all of them away . Well worth the money spent . If these things would do VR they would make a killing .

Reactions: sacballa
The screen door effect is near non-existent . I have to really try to focus on it intentionally to see any kind of pixel lines . I have owned several headsets and VR screens and these blow all of them away . Well worth the money spent . If these things would do VR they would make a killing .
Very encouraging! Sounds like they are of good quality. I can't wait to get mine in June.

Netflix and Hulu work with the Goggles. :D. At least when playing from my laptop. :D

EDIT: Netflix conked out after 15 minutes of streaming.

ANOTHER EDIT: I found my Netflix workaround. If I plug the goggles into my old Apple TV, they will stream perfectly. :D

Last edited:
On DJI's website? They are still showing out of stock for me (in the US anyhow).
I can apparently place orders on their website. If anyone is interested in the Goggles, but are showing as out of stock, feel free to PM me to experiment on placing an order for you. :p

It sounds like they opened up the ordering just for you ;)

You can place an order all the way through until the the final submit then it tells you it's out of stock

You can place an order all the way through until the the final submit then it tells you it's out of stock
You are right. I tried to purchase them just now out of curiosity and they gave me an error. Someone in the web department needs to get their act together.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661