DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles worth the $100 off?

nutsnbolts

Reactions
I know just because there is a coupon for $100 off doesn't always mean it's a good buy. I noticed this $100 off also expires at the end of this month so I would have to act quickly.

For the owners of the goggles. Should I pull the trigger. Before the $100 I never thought about getting one. Then again I did watch many videos of it and was like I would love to have one but the price tag is probably best spent elsewhere. So here we are $100 off is the price now worth it??

Also could I use it for anything else like watching movies? Perhaps that would justify it?

Also could I use it for anything else like watching movies? Perhaps that would justify it?
You could, but I don't think it would be comfortable for long periods of time. They are rather heavy.

I got min yesterday with the $100 coupon. My Mavic pro won't be delivered till Tuesday so I haven't been able to use it with a quad. The quality of them is amazing and the picture is better than any goggles I have used. Also the battery last 6 hours that's a long time for goggles. I also like how they come in a carrying box with a HDMI cable. I have only only used them to watch movies and videos so far but I'm impressed. I have flown quads for probably 11 years and used goggles and I don't think any other goggle on the planet can compare as far as picture with these. There are some things that I don't like with the goggles. Keep in mind with these goggles you will only be able to use these mainly with DJI products unless you can figure out a way to video in some video from other FPV goggles or another FPV screen. They are really made for the Mavic Pro so you get all the features wirelessly with that bird only. Also like having the head tracking feature. For as much money as you are paying they should have a video in and out. Also the speaker are not that loud but they do have the option of you using head phones. Another thing I don't like is they should have built in wifi and Bluetooth. If they had built in Bluetooth I could use Bluetooth headphones. So for $349 I would say get them. For $449 that's seems like to much money for any goggles to me I don't care what they have.

I enjoy using them to play Xbox One X 4K games with high quality headphones. Because of their bulk, I usually position myself so that I'm leaning back on the couch or pillows or something for playing hours at a time, so my neck doesn't get too tired, and my face doesn't get tired of feeling the weight of the goggles after several hours. I think they were worth every penny, I got mine barely used on eBay for $340 six months ago or so, and still use them to fly the mavic at least half the time, instead of the iPad Mini4.

Reactions: Cowboys2023
Wow you guys are convincing me to get them. I'm enticed being able to use them with an Xbox One. Although more gimmicky. :). I do like the features it gives me with my Mavic. I don't know if this is true or not but I just noticed the description on the DJI site that it can be used with the Spark. Not sure if that was there before or not. But that would also be a good thing.

Another question...

Seriously how often do you really use it?

I don't know if this is true or not but I just noticed the description on the DJI site that it can be used with the Spark.
You can use them with the Spark if you connect them to the Spark remote controller with an OTG cable (like this one).

You can use them with the Spark if you connect them to the Spark remote controller with an OTG cable (like this one).
Yeah I got the cable. Cool. Man you guys are supposed to say no get something else or get the Mavic Air or save money and be happy. :)

I’m going to be 100% honest. I just got a set of the goggles, and I can’t see using them that often. They are cool, but at this juncture I prefer flying with an iPad. They would be neat for a spectator to wear when I’m flying, but I don’t see really doing anything special with them. They are big and cumbersome. Not uncomfortable, but nothing I want to wear for an extended amount of time. If I could have tried before I bought, I probably would have passed in buying them. That being said, I have them, so I’m going to keep them, and maybe they will grow on me. You could always buy with the coupon, and easily make your money back by selling them off if you don’t like it.

Get them, you will enjoy them. There is nothing like it out there, and i am used to racing fpv style analog goggles. I dont think they are heavy, but everyones perception is different. As said above, you can always sell it again if it is not to your liking.

Man you guys are supposed to say no get something else or get the Mavic Air or save money and be happy.
We really don't know if they are a good fit for you. If you know you'll use goggles, then it's a great deal. The image is clearer and more immersive than any other goggles I've tried and the price is fair when comparing the features of other goggles that are compatible with the Mavic.

Reactions: BIGLUG24
We really don't know if they are a good fit for you. If you know you'll use goggles, then it's a great deal. The image is clearer and more immersive than any other goggles I've tried and the price is fair when comparing the features of other goggles that are compatible with the Mavic.
Yeah I know. I'm just wondering if the $100 is worth taking advantage off. Whether I use it all the time or not. On the other hand, what do you folks use it for more specifically? Also what was your intention with it when you first bought it.

Also what was your intention with it when you first bought it.
My intention is most likely not the common one. I buy most of DJI's consumer products so I can learn how they work, answer questions about them, and recommend the worthwhile products to others.

Reactions: jerryflah
My intention is most likely not the common one. I buy most of DJI's consumer products so I can learn how they work, answer questions about them, and recommend the worthwhile products to others.
Yeah to some degree that is parlty why I want to purchase it as well. I like to share knowledge as much as I can. Of course I don't want to impulsively buy things. The $100 may be worth it but I'd like to see more input. So far one person had stated it pretty much is collecting dust. :)

MY RE ones get used on every flight of my MP, and when using the ocusync unit on airplanes.

Occasionally for videos and such.

i messaged dji to send me a 100 coupon and told them i would buy them but they responded that the only discount they offer is to disability recepients and non profit places, if they would send me a coupon i would pull the trigger, not sure if its because i am in canada which shouldt matter but they wouldnt give me the 100 coupon, some say they are discontinuing the goggles and haveing a new model, all the more reason to give me a coupon so i can get the old ones haha

i messaged dji to send me a 100 coupon and told them i would buy them but they responded that the only discount they offer is to disability recepients and non profit places, if they would send me a coupon i would pull the trigger, not sure if its because i am in canada which shouldt matter but they wouldnt give me the 100 coupon, some say they are discontinuing the goggles and haveing a new model, all the more reason to give me a coupon so i can get the old ones haha
Are you DJI preferred member or whatever they call it where you sign up for a small fee to become one. I think those are the folks that got the $100 discount offer.

They also don't seem to be checking who already purchased the goggles. I bought them when they were released and still received the coupon.

Are you DJI preferred member or whatever they call it where you sign up for a small fee to become one. I think those are the folks that got the $100 discount offer.

I’ve never bought a thing directly from DJI and I got a coupon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor