DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI - I AM SO PISSED!!!!

I'm new, but you are too. This is, after all, a pretty new forum. So, I certainly won't assault your character. You could be, and probably are, a nice person.

But it's called karma.

I initially joined this forum in order to respond to your statement about DJI "costing me hundreds", because you are now unable to see the extra Mavic that you purchased on eBay, for hundreds in profit. Please recognize that, from my perspective (the dad trying to buy one for Christmas), it's YOU that are costing me money.

Life's too short to hate, and I won't waste my time in doing so. But I stumbled into this forum after scrolling through the bay and other ads of lots of people like yourself, people "gouging" schmucks like me for hundreds. So you can allow me a small chuckle when I see that one of those gougers, you, will now be unable to gouge, because of circumstances beyond your control. And that hopefully, by the time you do again have an extra working Mavic, they will no longer be in short supply. Then you will be faced with the prospect of selling said extra Mavic at cost, or Lord forbid at a discount! Perhaps providing some us of with a rare example or Karma in action.

hey, lots of people are OK with gouging. I know there are lots doing it, and that's cool. Just don't whine about DJI costing you money, when your "business" plan falls through. That is, after all, your "business"...
Karma huh? So you think if I just sold that extra mavic for what I paid then this other one would have worked fine.. Or would I have been allowed to be upset then since it met your criteria? Or would you have joined the forum because you waited so long before deciding to order a Mavic that you won't get it for Christmas to complain at someone like me that ordered back on Oct 2nd so I would have one for Christmas?

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your opinion. I hope you find what you are looking for. That karma works in mysterious ways you know.. You joining a forum for the sole purpose to vent your frustration about not ordering a Mavic in time because you saw some guy you don't even know that had 2 and was selling one on an "auction" on ebay.. one with no reserve mind you.. You know what that means right?? It means I would have taken whatever was offered. I started the bidding at $500.. so who is gouging? Oh, did you not know that before you came on and started your rant???

Thanks dad.. have a nice day.

I would not downgrade, just force a update with the latest f/w but then again, reset to factory, downgrade, test, if all ok then reset to factory, upgrade to latest f/w and see...

The ticking is normal, it is the ultrasonic sensors because the bird is on a table.

I have read that the issue with the stick does works itself out, you can accelerate this by moving it around but I would wait to see if the other issues resolve first....
Well, this failed. Won't even let me calibrate the compass. Just comes up with a Calibration Failed dialog that says too strong magnetic interference detected.

So I say this bird is bad. Talking to DJI about it.. Or I was at least.. I'm still on hold. Maybe this is just karma... o_O

I see both sides on the argument. Be thankful you even have a Mavic because everyone else is still waiting. On the other hands whether I waited a year or got it the same day I ordered it should work as intended day 1 so I would be mad as well..

Fly straight!

I see both sides on the argument. Be thankful you even have a Mavic because everyone else is still waiting. On the other hands whether I waited a year or got it the same day I ordered it should work as intended day 1 so I would be mad as well..

Fly straight!
Yeah, I get that it may leave a bad taste in some people's mouth that other people who followed the same rules and ordered early, twice, would get their stuff before them. But that's really not anyone's fault except DJI. For some guy who didn't order early and is upset about that to be trolling the internet and see another guy with 2 and he's jealous about that so he trolls the forum.. well, it's just sad.

That's life. Some people get 2 and others can't even afford any. But yes, you are right. It should work when it's received and clearly it does not.

Well, this failed. Won't even let me calibrate the compass. Just comes up with a Calibration Failed dialog that says too strong magnetic interference detected.

So I say this bird is bad. Talking to DJI about it.. Or I was at least.. I'm still on hold. Maybe this is just karma... o_O

Come clean! You are IronMan right!

Absolutely gutted for you though!!!!

Out of curiosity, where do you keep it when not in use, could it be close to some sort of very strong magnetic thingamajig or something that could effect it even prior to power on? Just throwing stuff out there...

Last edited:
Yeah, I get that it may leave a bad taste in some people's mouth that other people who followed the same rules and ordered early, twice, would get their stuff before them. But that's really not anyone's fault except DJI. For some guy who didn't order early and is upset about that to be trolling the internet and see another guy with 2 and he's jealous about that so he trolls the forum.. well, it's just sad.

That's life. Some people get 2 and others can't even afford any. But yes, you are right. It should work when it's received and clearly it does not.

I agree with you. Hate the game not the player ahah. Honestly I am kicking my self for not buying two when I got mine. I know a few people looking for one that I wouldn't of had an issue selling.

Come clean! You are IronMan right!

Absolutely gutted for you though!!!!

Out of curiosity, where do you keep it when not in use, could it be close to some sort of very strong magnetic thingamajig or something tht could effect it even prior to power on? Just throwing stuff out there...
I just keep it in a normal place. Right between the mini world engine and an old flux capacitor powered by an emp generator. ;)

I'm an engineer in my job and I've tried to figure out all of the same kinds of things offered here, of course inside my own emotional bubble.. :confused: This is plain old defective as far as I can tell. I've calibrated my P3 numerous times in the same spot with no issues. I've even calibrated the previous Mavic in the same spot with no issues. This unit complains about electromagnetic interference like.. well like I was Iron Man sitting in my lab trying to calibrate the IMU and compass on my chest Arc Reactor...

DJI is supposedly sending me an Expedited UPS label and will fix this as urgent.. I'll believe it when I see it.

Appreciate all those who tried to help.

Reactions: chippie
LOL!

I was completely insulting your own intelligence of course ;):D

When you get the replacement try not to lick it too much, this may be part of the problem! :D

HAHA.....I realize it is a crappy situation to be in, but at least you can laugh at it over a bottle of wine with your Mavic. Hope you get it sorted out soon. I'm about to pull the trigger on one if I can find one.

Mine just got shipped out from RMA. I really hope they don't send me a bad bird as well. If it turns out to be a production issue with the compass then I will sell it at cost and go for a P4 Pro.

I hope you mean return it for a refund (as faulty) rather than sell a Mavic with a bad compass to someone? :)

HAHA.....I realize it is a crappy situation to be in, but at least you can laugh at it over a bottle of wine with your Mavic. Hope you get it sorted out soon. I'm about to pull the trigger on one if I can find one.
I have a friend that ordered the fly more combo about 6 weeks ago that is seriously contemplating cancelling his order because of all the problems he is seeing people have with these. It's sad to see people so excited for the MP and then being reduced to sheer disappointment like this. He's never had a drone before and this has him very concerned.

If they keep sending crap to people there will be plenty on the shelf soon. I'll hold off on opening the new one until I see what will happen next and if I do open the new one, I'll sell the RMA.

Wonder if DJI will transfer the Refresh service to a new drone if there are problems with the RMA process like I am having....

Reactions: mchrisb03
I hope you mean return it for a refund (as faulty) rather than sell a Mavic with a bad compass to someone? :)
No I'd never knowingly sell a bad unit. From what I've read there maybe a consistent problem with one of the compasses under high load with all of the Mavics. The latest firmware apparently disregards this one compass as a fix. I'm already sort of debating whether to keep the Mavic or get the P4 Pro.

No I'd never knowingly sell a bad unit. From what I've read there maybe a consistent problem with one of the compasses under high load with all of the Mavics. The latest firmware apparently disregards this one compass as a fix. I'm already sort of debating whether to keep the Mavic or get the P4 Pro.

OK Cool!

I never had any issues with my compass or any flight characteristics before it went away to have the OOF issue sorted although the replacement probably will now lol. I think these issues are few and far between considering the amount of Mavics out there..

Just to inject some upbeat info here, I also waited 6 weeks for my Mavic, and happy to get it. I must have gotten a Wednesday build as so far (20 flights) it is perfect. GO4 and the latest F/W and no issues at all. Flies in sport mode WOT without throwing any errors as well as the camera seems to be spot on without the softness others have experienced (once I figured out the dang focus) So yes Martha, there is a Santa Clause!

I have a friend that ordered the fly more combo about 6 weeks ago that is seriously contemplating cancelling his order because of all the problems he is seeing people have with these. It's sad to see people so excited for the MP and then being reduced to sheer disappointment like this. He's never had a drone before and this has him very concerned.

If they keep sending crap to people there will be plenty on the shelf soon. I'll hold off on opening the new one until I see what will happen next and if I do open the new one, I'll sell the RMA.

Wonder if DJI will transfer the Refresh service to a new drone if there are problems with the RMA process like I am having....

I do not think the issues are that widespread, well the OOF issue possibly but I think they are slowly closing in on that one. I did not have any flight problems with mine at all, solid as.

Yes DJI will transfer the Care over. They apparently have with mine not to mention they have a record of it being swapped over under warranty anyway.

I also saw this on the DJI forum. It's a bit disconcerting. I wonder if once they have the problem resolved if they will replace the defective units with the new revision...

Just to inject some upbeat info here, I also waited 6 weeks for my Mavic, and happy to get it. I must have gotten a Wednesday build as so far (20 flights) it is perfect. GO4 and the latest F/W and no issues at all. Flies in sport mode WOT without throwing any errors as well as the camera seems to be spot on without the softness others have experienced (once I figured out the dang focus) So yes Martha, there is a Santa Clause!
What F/W are you running? Curious to know if the compass errors being shown on the 01.03.0000 version are an indicator of the compass defect being referenced and if the lack of that error on this load indicates you have a good working bird?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock