DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI - I AM SO PISSED!!!!

What F/W are you running? Curious to know if the compass errors being shown on the 01.03.0000 version are an indicator of the compass defect being referenced and if the lack of that error on this load indicates you have a good working bird?
I am running 01.03 and GO4, no issues at all yet, not saying they won't crop up, but so far all is good. I did do a F/W refresh for, what I perceived, as a soft focus problem, either that and the camera reset fixed it, or it was my imagination in the first place, which could be after reading all the threads about it.

What F/W are you running? Curious to know if the compass errors being shown on the 01.03.0000 version are an indicator of the compass defect being referenced and if the lack of that error on this load indicates you have a good working bird?

I think one thing people are trying is taking off the props and setting them on a table while they watch the compass data. Give it varying levels of throttle and see if the active compass changes and if you get a compass error warning at all. If your higher levels of throttle cause it to switch from one compass to the other you know the power going through the wires is causing enough EMI to force a compass change. It has been said that this process happened on prior firmware without any error warnings and the newer firmware gives the error warning when it happens. I have a dealer demo I am going to get out and try this exact process and see what happens.

Mine just got shipped out from RMA. I really hope they don't send me a bad bird as well. If it turns out to be a production issue with the compass then I will sell it at cost and go for a P4 Pro.

I am not sure where you are located or who your regular DJI dealer is, but if you end up making a change, keep www.FloridaDroneSupply.com in mind. We have P4 Pro on the shelf and P4 Pro + in route to us probably this week.

Just to inject some upbeat info here, I also waited 6 weeks for my Mavic, and happy to get it. I must have gotten a Wednesday build as so far (20 flights) it is perfect. GO4 and the latest F/W and no issues at all. Flies in sport mode WOT without throwing any errors as well as the camera seems to be spot on without the softness others have experienced (once I figured out the dang focus) So yes Martha, there is a Santa Clause!

Thats great!

I haven't had the chance to do that chippie. There have been so many other issues with the compass errors and warnings about magnetic interference that quite frankly it's a bit scary to even fly. I can't imagine all these readily viewable problems out of the box escaping the view of the support testers. I may try reseting to factory and doing a FW downgrade but honestly my confidence in this particular bird is very low.

As other posters have stated, I did have one on ebay that I had purchased in case the original didn't make it in time. I cancelled that auction and will likely open that one up to take on the trip. But this really stinks because that means I'll have to sell the next RMA return and I also do not know how to transfer the Refresh I paid for on this to the new one in the box. Selling an RMA return may not net the new price.. I have no idea.
Are you allowed to transfer refresh to another unit?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaVVT