DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI is giving me a case of the flux......

SmilingOgre

Reactions
There they are on the street corner again. Osmo Pocket 3!!!! 1" CMOS, Dlog M, a screen I might actually be able to see. Good grief! I just got the Pocket 2 a few months ago. I keep gifting cameras to my children and they stuff them in a corner never to be seen again and send me pics from their iphones. Grrrrr!

Let’s face it. You can get great photos and videos from your phone these days.

I bought the iPhone 14 pro max because it has the capability to shoot in RAW

Reactions: SmilingOgre
Let’s face it. You can get great photos and videos from your phone these days.

I bought the iPhone 14 pro max because it has the capability to shoot in RAW

Most of the Samsung high end phones shoot raw too, which is awesome. I've made use of this on my Galaxy Fold 4 to great benefit.

MPDC was my intro to raw, and i was thrilled when i found my phone capable of it.

Makes a mediocre camera pretty decent 🙂🙂

Reactions: Torque
There they are on the street corner again. Osmo Pocket 3!!!! 1" CMOS, Dlog M, a screen I might actually be able to see. Good grief! I just got the Pocket 2 a few months ago. I keep gifting cameras to my children and they stuff them in a corner never to be seen again and send me pics from their iphones. Grrrrr!

I have been using the Pocket 2 for about 2 years and absolutely love it. The 1" CMOS and larger screen would be amazing to have. I'll be watching the reviews and forums until I can afford a new toy. (just purchased the Mini 4 Pro)

I have been using the Pocket 2 for about 2 years and absolutely love it. The 1" CMOS and larger screen would be amazing to have. I'll be watching the reviews and forums until I can afford a new toy. (just purchased the Mini 4 Pro)
Thats where my head is going. I took out the P2 and it does a nice job. I just sprung for a Nikon Z8 so it will be awhile.

Reactions: smbishop
Thats where my head is going. I took out the P2 and it does a nice job. I just sprung for a Nikon Z8 so it will be awhile.
Hey Ogre- I just got the Z8 about 2 months ago and took it to Africa on safari with me. The camera is amazing
with the 20 frames per seconds catching animals in movement. Also got the Nikon 180-600mm and got some great images.

Dale

Hey Ogre- I just got the Z8 about 2 months ago and took it to Africa on safari with me. The camera is amazing
with the 20 frames per seconds catching animals in movement. Also got the Nikon 180-600mm and got some great images.

Dale
I know, I read that. That post was part of the reason I went for it. I've got a Sigma 150-600 C that's pretty nice along with a couple of Tamron G2 2.8 lenses. I also picked up a Z to Canon EF adapter and am using a couple of Canon L lenses that are churning out some very nice images. With the 12bit N-raw-log video footage I'm getting some gorgeous footage as well even at only 4K. The 8K is absolute useless overkill for anything streamed over the internet. I think I owe you a thank you. I could go on and on about the camera. Suffice to say the footage cuts very nicely even along with my best Black Magic cinema cameras. Can't wait to get involved in a project where I can put it through some challenges.

I know, I read that. That post was part of the reason I went for it. I've got a Sigma 150-600 C that's pretty nice along with a couple of Tamron G2 2.8 lenses. I also picked up a Z to Canon EF adapter and am using a couple of Canon L lenses that are churning out some very nice images. With the 12bit N-raw-log video footage I'm getting some gorgeous footage as well even at only 4K. The 8K is absolute useless overkill for anything streamed over the internet. I think I owe you a thank you. I could go on and on about the camera. Suffice to say the footage cuts very nicely even along with my best Black Magic cinema cameras. Can't wait to get involved in a project where I can put it through some challenges.
Og:
I am about to start the editing session of the year! 21 days of non-stop game drives with lots of freeze frame action- zebras fighting, impalas leaping across our road, birds in flight, taking off from a branch, etc. I was awe struck to see how I could just set the camera on 20 fps and fire away. And get crisp focus on every single shot! Always one or two frames worth keeping. Add to this, the instantly responding 600 mm of the new 180-600 mm Nikkor lens, images with great bokeh, etc. I cannot start to look for them now to send as an example. They are somewhere on my SSD (Solid state Samsung hard drives), but eventually you will see the film here.

Dale

Og:
I am about to start the editing session of the year! 21 days of non-stop game drives with lots of freeze frame action- zebras fighting, impalas leaping across our road, birds in flight, taking off from a branch, etc. I was awe struck to see how I could just set the camera on 20 fps and fire away. And get crisp focus on every single shot! Always one or two frames worth keeping. Add to this, the instantly responding 600 mm of the new 180-600 mm Nikkor lens, images with great bokeh, etc. I cannot start to look for them now to send as an example. They are somewhere on my SSD (Solid state Samsung hard drives), but eventually you will see the film here.

Dale
Very much looking forward to seeing them! Sometimes with that camera I feel I have come full circle from the point and shoots of the 60's. It's crazy accurate with autofocus and variable ISO. Almost feels like I'm cheating.

I caved. Bestbuy got me with 24months no interest. Same as going to McDonalds twice a month. I' a wus.

Reactions: smbishop
For the record, it's a really nice camera. Got the creator combo. With the main and extension batteries there's a lot of battery life. Batteries both charge fast. Dlog-M will take a nice grade nicely with 4;2:0 10 bit video. Surprisingly good low light capable. Remote clip on mic does a nice job of capturing audio with 32 bit float. The unit is much more capable all around than the Osmo 2. This one will be traveling with me. I have no reservations of using the footage wherever. Biggest feature for me is the screen. I can see it!!! Can lock in shutter angle and leave ISO automatic within a range of ISO that is selectable. Probably will need to get some neutral density filters for using 24fps in bright light. Only down side is a purse would be the best way to have the full system with me. The shaving bag is nice but not hands free.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1