DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI keeps sending me bad refresh drones. Over and over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Standuptommy

Reactions
I don't know where else to turn. I need to contact somebody from outside the refresh dept. I have more than 4 lemons that all had to be returned. I beg them for a new unit but they keep sending me bad drones. Most of the problems are related to the gimble and it's movement but there have been problems across the board. The drone I have now is bad. When they sent me the drone before this one, I sent it back and I got a $900 bill for repairs that I did not have to pay. They sent me this drone I have now and it's bad also. I have begged DJI to look into the refresh department. Please check my account. Somebody at the refresh department does not like me. They will say anything and apologize over and over and over. It means nothing. Just words. A super visor named Rich promised me the last time I would get a brand new drone because all I've been though. He eventually vanished and I got another serious lemon that I'm shipping out on Tuesday. Last time I sent them in a brand new remote controller. I sent in everything in because I was promised a brand new unit. They sent me back a scratched and beat up RC with a lemon of a drone. I need help from somebody on the inside who can truly figure out why this is happening. I am a licensed pilot and very experienced. I've owned many Mavics and Air drones. A pro. Refresh has something going on with me. I plan on getting the Mavic Pro 3 when it's available. I need refresh, but in my experience is... it's not to be trusted. Please help me find out what's going on. Tom

Reactions: TTP and Greasy
DJI don't monitor this site, and as far as I'm aware, there are no real insiders here.

Perhaps it's best to head over to and get joined up there.
There ARE DJI PR people there, and they seem to respond to peoples genuine problems, often getting involved to fix things.

I think you have to frame the problem very clearly (they will ask for ticket numbers form past threads I've noted), and be very diplomatic in how you 'frame' your problem and ask questions.

Good luck, sounds like you've been inheriting other peoples past problems / equipment, refurbs should be (or at least fly) as good as new.

Maybe consider State Farm for your drone insurance for the next aircraft, DJI sending out repaired drones for Care Refresh replacements can be a minefield.

I don't know where else to turn. I need to contact somebody from outside the refresh dept. I have more than 4 lemons that all had to be returned. I beg them for a new unit but they keep sending me bad drones. Most of the problems are related to the gimble and it's movement but there have been problems across the board. The drone I have now is bad. When they sent me the drone before this one, I sent it back and I got a $900 bill for repairs that I did not have to pay. They sent me this drone I have now and it's bad also. I have begged DJI to look into the refresh department. Please check my account. Somebody at the refresh department does not like me. They will say anything and apologize over and over and over. It means nothing. Just words. A super visor named Rich promised me the last time I would get a brand new drone because all I've been though. He eventually vanished and I got another serious lemon that I'm shipping out on Tuesday. Last time I sent them in a brand new remote controller. I sent in everything in because I was promised a brand new unit. They sent me back a scratched and beat up RC with a lemon of a drone. I need help from somebody on the inside who can truly figure out why this is happening. I am a licensed pilot and very experienced. I've owned many Mavics and Air drones. A pro. Refresh has something going on with me. I plan on getting the Mavic Pro 3 when it's available. I need refresh, but in my experience is... it's not to be trusted. Please help me find out what's going on. Tom
If you haven't already... I would post this on DJI's official forum and they will likely reach out to you as they have done for others. Then don't let the thread die until they have resolved your problem. Post pictures of what is wrong physically and list specific problems with the gimbal etc. Being honest while being a little bit of a thorn in their side may help bring things to a resolution.

You are not the only one this has happened to! I bought a Mavic air 2 close to its release date and have been using it since. I crashed it due to an RTH failure and had to send it in around august 2020. I received a replacement from DJI and tested it after setting it up. The gimbal was unstable and rth didn’t work. It just flew up uncontrollably Once I was able to bring it down and safely land it, I sent it in again. The new replacement it got was bad too and all 6 screws on the bottom fell out and the cover flew off. These drones have gone back and forth to DJI 8 times. I got fed up so ended up calling 1 818 235 0789. I talked to a knowledgeable man and he ended up giving me a case number to sent the drone and accessories in. They replaced it with a new fly more combo and everything has worked great since. Sorry for your issue with DJI. Hope you get it worked out.

Have only had one time dealing with DJI on Refresh and man was it a pain. Got what looks like a new drone with no issues. Yet, dealing with DJI Tech Support I'd never use Refresh ever again. Besides being more costly than like State Farm - the dragged thru the mud type treatment I got is not worth it.

Hi Standuptommy, young man, you are definitely not the only one who happened to find a rotten apple in an organization.

Here in Europe we only seem to have a DJI repair center, located in the Netherlands, my experience is largely a reflection of what you have experienced.

The drone an M2P that I sent in for repair had in just a few flights burned two batteries for me, it apparently gets too hot.

DJI analyzes my drone and says that it will cost me just over 1,500US $, I need my drone and think that what they offer me is a new drone considering what they want me to pay.

Stupidly enough, I pay and when the drone comes from DJI, it turns out that it is a refurbish drone, but without the battery, propellers, controls, battery chargers and cables that normally come with a new drone.

OK, I update the new drone's FW and test fly it.
The battery temperature goes above 45 degrees C, both when I fly with or without "PayLoad".

I return the drone to DJI and say I want a new drone, especially considering how much I paid. They claim that they tested it under similar circumstances and only measured 36 degrees C, so they refuse to give me a new drone. I offer to pay shipping to and from DJI as well as troubleshooting my old drone if I get my money back, DJI totally refuses.

After 7 turns with E-mail back and forth, where several of DJI's employees try to surpass each other in wordplay, I give up and receive the drone they already sent me once.

Customer care does not really seem to be something that DJI tunes its staff in, or have you and I just had rotten apples in an otherwise healthy cart.

DJI don't monitor this site, and as far as I'm aware, there are no real insiders here.

Perhaps it's best to head over to and get joined up there.
There ARE DJI PR people there, and they seem to respond to peoples genuine problems, often getting involved to fix things.

I think you have to frame the problem very clearly (they will ask for ticket numbers form past threads I've noted), and be very diplomatic in how you 'frame' your problem and ask questions.

Good luck, sounds like you've been inheriting other peoples past problems / equipment, refurbs should be (or at least fly) as good as new.

Maybe consider State Farm for your drone insurance for the next aircraft, DJI sending out repaired drones for Care Refresh replacements can be a minefield.
You are very kind to respond to my thread and that sound like good advise. Thank You. Funny think is after all this about 2 months ago I did get a State Farm policy. It's cheap and it's better than Refresh since they have done so poorly in my case. A bummer cause I really like the idea of it. I think I made them mad and I'm being punished because I lost my cool a couple times. Thanks again. Tom

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
If you haven't already... I would post this on DJI's official forum and they will likely reach out to you as they have done for others. Then don't let the thread die until they have resolved your problem. Post pictures of what is wrong physically and list specific problems with the gimbal etc. Being honest while being a little bit of a thorn in their side may help bring things to a resolution.
Thank you. Yes that's what I'm going to do. I do appreciate your reply. It's good to know someone cares. LOL

Hi Standuptommy, young man, you are definitely not the only one who happened to find a rotten apple in an organization.

Here in Europe we only seem to have a DJI repair center, located in the Netherlands, my experience is largely a reflection of what you have experienced.

The drone an M2P that I sent in for repair had in just a few flights burned two batteries for me, it apparently gets too hot.

DJI analyzes my drone and says that it will cost me just over 1,500US $, I need my drone and think that what they offer me is a new drone considering what they want me to pay.

Stupidly enough, I pay and when the drone comes from DJI, it turns out that it is a refurbish drone, but without the battery, propellers, controls, battery chargers and cables that normally come with a new drone.

OK, I update the new drone's FW and test fly it.
The battery temperature goes above 45 degrees C, both when I fly with or without "PayLoad".

I return the drone to DJI and say I want a new drone, especially considering how much I paid. They claim that they tested it under similar circumstances and only measured 36 degrees C, so they refuse to give me a new drone. I offer to pay shipping to and from DJI as well as troubleshooting my old drone if I get my money back, DJI totally refuses.

After 7 turns with E-mail back and forth, where several of DJI's employees try to surpass each other in wordplay, I give up and receive the drone they already sent me once.

Customer care does not really seem to be something that DJI tunes its staff in, or have you and I just had rotten apples in an otherwise healthy cart.
Exactly. Yes. They are very polite and try to be professional but I think that's just spin setting you up for the screw over. I mean I paid 180 and then another 180 I think. That's like a lot of money. Why don't they just do the right thing. It's is my observation they can't really repair a lot of these crashed drones but they try and often fail. Thank You for the letter.

Reactions: TTP
Thread closed

Manufacturer/Distributor/Vendor and Customer Disputes
This community is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun