DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic 3 now supports Waypoint Flights with DJY Fly App release 1.9

Hello everybody,

Some minutes ago DJI released version 1.9 of their DJI Fly App. According release notes the app supports now waypoint flights with the DJI Mavic 3.

Good news and worth a test…

So this week not only brings C1-label ordering process for european customers, but also waypoint flights…

Regards,
Florian
I have been staunch critic of DJI for their lack of support of Inspire2 and eventually abandoning it altogether including their flagship Cendence controller which to this day remains strongly underutilized and its full potential has never been realized.
I have to admit that I have been impressed how good has been their support of Mavic 3 though. Pretty much most, if not all what the users asked for so far has been implemented, and in a reasonably timely manner. I thought I would never said this but kudos to DJI !!

Last edited:
I tested the new firmware with the new waypoints and they works well with exceptions:
  • They have problems saving the missions
  • The POI does not support yet time pictures
  • The DJI RC Pro feels buggy with the touch screen and slow
I need to do more testing since I only test 2 batteries.

In a positive note:
  • The satellite acquisition is working really fast
  • The update went smooth
  • We have more use now with the DJI RC Pro

I tested the new firmware with the new waypoints and they works well with exceptions:

In a positive note:
  • The update went smooth
hi Zeusfl

I did not understand "the poi did not support yet time pictures."

Dale

Reactions: Filmarik
there is a firmware update for the DJI RC and it is the version 1.9.0
it adds support for the mini 3 just released, and the ability to download offline maps,for when there is no internet connection if you touch connection guide box at the right bottom of the screen then it now lists the Mini 3 as well as the mini 3 pro and if you select a drone that is not paired to the RC currently ,then you will get a message saying that there is a firmware update required for that drone model so you would need to do that before you could fly
Anyone who knows if the waypoint planning tool will comes for mini 3 pro?

Reactions: wombat

In a positive note:
  • The update went smooth
Can you elaborate on the
"Problems saving the missions"?
and
"POI does not support yet time pictures"?
As for saving, after renaming the mission it is important to confirm the new name by clicking on the green "tick" at bottom right corner of the keyboard. Then you can save it. It works every time for me.

In a positive note:
  • The update went smooth
DJI RC pro still with low resolution satellite maps, which compromise planning waypoints !!!

Ok then! Now that extra battery life will come in handy!

Looking for a little help. I just updated the new firmware this morning to 01.00.1000. Where do I find the tab or button to access setting waypoints? Haven't put her in the air yet as I thought I would set a mission first to test it out. Thanks all.

@R.Cowan apparently its on the APP screen on the left hand side and looks like a snake like yellow wiggly line with arrows you touch that and it accesses the waypoints menu

Thank you Old Man Mavic...I never saw it...but going to start everything back up and look for that. I'm assuming this waypoint update includes the standard remote and not just the rc pro???

Nope...still not seeing it. Everything shows updated
APP Version 1.8.0
Aircraft firmware 01.00.1000
RC firmware 04.13.0800. I'm going to look on DJI's site to if this update is possibly only available with the RC Pro. That's going to be pretty upsetting 😡 if that's the case.

I love this.

Just ANOTHER example of people not knowing what they're talking about. I can't tell you how many posts around here said this would never happen. Lol

I use my RC Pro to fly both my Mavic 3 and my Mini 3 Pro and what I noticed is that if I previously flew with my Mini 3 Pro, I have to start up my Mavic 3 and select it so that the firmware will change over with the drone on before I can get the Waypoints menu icon (squiggly line) to use offline waypoints planning. It will not work if I try to do it with my M3 drone off - I won't get the Waypoints menu icon until I have done the switch over with the drone on first. Then I can turn the drone off and do my waypoints planning offline. Obviously this problem is not going to affect you if you only use your RC Pro to fly your Mavic 3 and no other drone.

I am not sure if this problem occurs on the DJI RC as well since I don't have that controller but I would assume it is probably the same.

Chris

P.S. Although, initially this seemed like a problem. But when I think about it, it makes sense as the firmware is different between the two drones so it needs the drone on so it can load the correct firmware for waypoints before the offline planning menu can appear.

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy
I

just looked at the DJI site and could not find the new version listed in the downloads
I turned both my Arcie, pro and the Mavic three on at the same time and let it connect. Then I allowed the firmware update. It appeared to update both.

But that said-
A couple of YouTube videos that I watched about the new waypoint feature showed that it was easy to create and plan a mission from home. But it doesn’t appear to be letting me do that without the drone in the air.

If I hit the “+” symbol, a waypoint icon in the planner pops up, but nothing on the map. If I hit the C1 button I get “ aircraft not in flight. Unable to add waypoint“ Not letting me plan a mission from home.
on each waypoint symbol in the planner I can specify all the parameters for each point- but I don’t see them on the map.

My ac firmware is 01.00.100. And RC few is 3.01.1200.

anyone else have this issue or has anyone else been successfully able to plan a mission from home?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc