DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic 3 now supports Waypoint Flights with DJY Fly App release 1.9

do waypoint missions override low battery forced landing?
has anyone tested this yet?

Unfortunately, I don't understand Greek. However, am I to understand that the currently free DJI Flighthub 2, designed for the Enterprise drones, can now also be used with the Mavic 3 for planning Waypoint Missions? Even if not, what is the procedure (described in Greek) for sharing the resulting saved KMZ file from the folder? At exactly what point in the over one hour video timeline is this KMZ sharing procedure shown? Sure wish I understood Greek, because she is very easy on the eyes, even if I can't understand a thing she is saying! ;)
The way this seems to work is to first create a waypoint mission in the Fly App and safe it. You can then copy the mission you want to import to the folder an rename it to be the same as the fly app mission while you delete then original fly app mission. The folder the fly app missions are saved to is something like android/data/dji.go.v5/waypoints...

The way this seems to work is to first create a waypoint mission in the Fly App and safe it. You can then copy the mission you want to import to the folder an rename it to be the same as the fly app mission while you delete then original fly app mission. The folder the fly app missions are saved to is something like android/data/dji.go.v5/waypoints...
Thanks for the reply. If I am understanding you correctly, it appears as though they are using the DJI Flighthub 2 to create Waypoint Missions for the regular Mavic 3, by using it to create a waypoint mission for a Mavic 3 Enterprise drone. They then copy over that output file into the Fly app, replacing an existing sample "place keeper" waypoint mission file created earlier in the Fly app.
Is that about right?
Have you been able to replicate their method and get it to work?

Thanks for the reply. If I am understanding you correctly, it appears as though they are using the DJI Flighthub 2 to create Waypoint Missions for the regular Mavic 3, by using it to create a waypoint mission for a Mavic 3 Enterprise drone. They then copy over that output file into the Fly app, replacing an existing sample "place keeper" waypoint mission file created earlier in the Fly app.
Is that about right?
Have you been able to replicate their method and get it to work?
Well summarised what I tried say.
I have not yet tried it.

I'm not sure how to make this work.
It allows me to import the file, but i get an error of 'editing not supported for current flight route type' with my imported Mavic 3 waypoint mission, when i try to edit it.

I have recently updated the firmware in my M3 including the Waypoints feature. I am having an issue with figuring out how to change from Metric to Imperial within the waypoints software. The drone is set for imperial already and has been for over a year. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jim

In my NC-N1 after doing the update the firmware 04.13.0800 appears and not 04.17.0800. Does this happen to you too?

my reasoning behind my post ,was that without sideways sensors ,if a pre-planned mission was being flown ,and there was an obstacle along the route that was not taken into consideration,then the drone would not be able to avoid it because it had no sensors to detect it but thanks for your reply
Absolutely correct... and that's exactly what happens right now with earlier drones that didn't have side sensors, they wouldn't avoid the obstacle, with predictable results 🙂

I'm a long-time user of Litchi, going back to the P3. I got in the habit of test-flying missions with straight-ahead orientation test flight first, so I could adjust waypoints to avoid any collisions. Then run the mission with the planned orientation at each waypoint.

I don't fly WP missions nearly as often as I used to (a fraction), but I still always do this, no matter the OA capabilities of the drone.

Reactions: Peio64270
has anyone been able to successfully use flighthub2?
like i worte a few days ago (see my post about 5 replies higher up), it reports an issue with the waypoint mission file. i think it detects it's from an unsupported drone.

i just saw the greek video that people have been talking about. i can see he is using a enterprise drone, so i think i'm correct, and this process wont work for 'normal' mavic 3's :(

has anyone been able to successfully use flighthub2?
like i worte a few days ago (see my post about 5 replies higher up), it reports an issue with the waypoint mission file. i think it detects it's from an unsupported drone.

i just saw the greek video that people have been talking about. i can see he is using a enterprise drone, so i think i'm correct, and this process wont work for 'normal' mavic 3's :(
I've had relative success using this method. You don't need to import anything to flighthub 2. Create a mission (only waypoints, no grid unfortunately) and export the kmz file.

Since he is showing the Fly App, I doubt he is using an enterprise drone.

I've had relative success using this method. You don't need to import anything to flighthub 2. Create a mission (only waypoints, no grid unfortunately) and export the kmz file.

Since he is showing the Fly App, I doubt he is using an enterprise drone.
I think i've now made a successful waypoint this way too. i havent flown it yet, but all the data shows up in the fly app.

1. i made a mission in the fly app (rc pro) and saved it.
2. then i made a new mission (different route than point 1) in flighthub2 (used mavic 3e as the drone)
3. then i saved and downloaded this file to my pc.
4. i removed the file from my rc pro (internal memory) and copied to my pc - via micro sd card.
5. i renamed the FH2 file to match the one from the rc pro.
6. copied the renamed FH2 file back to the rc pro.
7. turned on rc pro, opened fly and saw new route present and showing correct route and details for each waypoint.

the only issue i see is altitude may not work properly, as on FH2 i chose 100m "above ground level", but in fly it shows as an altitude that i suspect will have me at a height that is my altitude (aprox 170m above sea level + that original 100m. so am expecting the flight to be at 270m above my location.

not a big deal. there is an option to set altitude to the same way as fly (above home point).

i'll test it later today and report back.

follow up.

it works perfectly, but the altitude issue is present. so just use 'above takeoff' for altitude control - same as in the app.

follow up.

it works perfectly, but the altitude issue is present. so just use 'above takeoff' for altitude control - same as in the app.
Thank you for testing! Glad it works. I haven't tested it in flight yet but the waypoints for a "grid" mission seem to be randomly connected when I open it in the fly app.

I think you might even skip step 4 on your list.

Save, I looked for the folder indicated on the DJI RC..but I just can't find it.
Has anyone found it? thanks Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 08.42.44.png

You have to have your drone turned on for it to work - doesn't have to actually be in flight. I was a little confused at first until I realised that. Hope this helps.
Strange...I can do everything without the AC powered on: Waypoints on the map, POI, everything...(Ipad Mini 6 and RC-N1)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661