Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic 3 specifications leak with two models due in November

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Gowland

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Yeah, I saw the articles. Every major Drone News Outlet is talking about this leak. They really think the drone may get released this year. But who knows.
The dual camera discussed is certainly interesting. 7x optical cam with a "6K" cam.

The following are the presumed main features of the new Mavic 3

The information is without guarantee, only preliminary and subject to change before market launch.

- New anti-collision system
- side sensors removed
- front and rear sensors moved to corners and apparently large wide-angle sensor
- Hasselblad dual camera: upper camera with 7x zoom; lower camera with 5.7K shooting with 24mm f2.8 lens; 16mm adapter lens
- Apple ProResProRes im Glossar erklärt recording support
- 1TB of internal storage (2TB may be optional)
- Flight time of over 40 minutes
- 5000 or 6000mAh Li-ion battery (not sure) or 42 min flight time
- Battery case on the back, like the DJI Mini 2.
- The gimbal now has an integrated automatic locking mechanism
- Uses the same radio system as the DJI Air 2S
- A new smart controller will also be released

I’m not getting the appeal of the huge internal storage. I frequently switch out cards so that if anything happens, I won’t lose stuff I shot before.

Sure, Let me have a flyaway, and in addition to loosing my drone, I’ll lose a terabyte or two of my work as well.

7x optical zoom is legit. It's a separate camera completely? Wonder what the sensor specs of just the tele camera are. There are a ton of wildlife shots I have in mind but I definitely need considerable zoom.
I have a little point and shoot camera that weighs less than a drone battery. It has 42x optical zoom. I hope we can get something like that in a few years

Of course it has a tiny sensor, but I would like to see a specialty drone with super zoom capabilities

I’m not getting the appeal of the huge internal storage. I frequently switch out cards so that if anything happens, I won’t lose stuff I shot before.

Sure, Let me have a flyaway, and in addition to loosing my drone, I’ll lose a terabyte or two of my work as well.
I know this is 5.7k* (I am still guessing they will call it 6k) But longer flight time + higher res... Having a internal storage AND a SD card...

Per google: The file size implications of the transition from older resolutions to 4K and 8K are exponential. In the graphic below, each circle represents one hour of video for the specified format. One hour of 8K RedCode Raw 75 amounts to 7.29 TB. That's 121.5 GB per minute for raw 8K footage.

So what is a good guess on price of the DJI Mavic 3?

I am thinking $2,000 to $2,500 plus tax? So, price after tax will be about $2,300 to $2,800!

This drone seems like it is getting out of my price range. When I paid $1,500 plus tax on my Mavic 2 Pro, I thought I was spending a lot on a drone. No telling how much more this Mavic 3 will cost.

I hope this done really comes out this year because I plan to put my Mavic 2 Pro on sale before the end of October so I can have my money ready to buy Mavic 3 when it comes out in November or December.

Last edited:
Reactions: Droniac
So what is a good guess on price of the DJI Mavic 3?

I am thinking $2,000 to $2,500 plus tax? So, price after tax will be about $2,300 to $2,800!

This drone seems like it is getting out of my price range. When I paid $1,500 plus tax on my Mavic 2 Pro, I thought I was spending a lot on a drone. No telling how much more this Mavic 3 will cost.
?
Don’t care I’ll be buying it ?
Can I start a help me buy it ?

Can anyone succinctly explain the differences from Occu-Sync 2.0 to Occu-Sync 3.0?

Reactions: Droniac and maggior
I think there is a very big difference. I can fly the DJI FPV way better than the 2.0. Many people seem to think there is a little difference.
You really have to push the FPV hard to lose connection such as behind objects and distance.
We must, of course, keep any drone in the Line Of Sight.

Well the RF power increase is key there: from 400mW to 1.4W is significant. Protocol changes in how they slip data around can also help. But the power increase is surprising. It does bug me a bit their spec sheets don't say if the transmit power is at the controller or at the drone. For example, the smart controller is Occusync 2 - yet they pair it with the Air 2S which is Occusync 3. So the improvement is unidirectional in that case. Which may be why the rumor mill has a new SC coming out. That was guaranteed the moment I bought my Air 2 kit with the SC. lol..

Reactions: maggior
I have a little point and shoot camera that weighs less than a drone battery. It has 42x optical zoom. I hope we can get something like that in a few years

Of course it has a tiny sensor, but I would like to see a specialty drone with super zoom capabilities
I've got a Nikon P90 with the 40x and when zoomed way out - it sucks. AF is so touchy as well; so if DJI even thinks about going remotely close - hope the new tech updates since the P90 are more refined.

7x would be nice, yet even 4x on the Air2 is not great - esp in lower light. In general, even with my kind of flying - I rarely use up to 2.5x and that keeps me well above treetops / obstacles with some nice shots close in. Of course, sitting at 375 ft with 7x would allow a nice super zoom in and no worries of clipping trees / etc and staying in signal range better.

We'll have to wait and see if the "3" is even going to be affordable.

Would think this is going to be in the old Phantom 4 Pro range of about $2k at best. Probably higher with 2 cameras, longer battery, and onboard hard drive (which I could really care less about), and OS3.

Can anyone succinctly explain the differences from Occu-Sync 2.0 to Occu-Sync 3.0?

I don't know what was changed to accomplish it (that's likely proprietary), but OS3 is supposed to have higher throughput so it's capable of transmitting a higher resolution video feed and it's supposed to be lower latency, which benefits the FPV drone mostly.

I imagine some of this is accomplished through optimization of software algorithms or improved algorithms taking advantage of more computing capacity. Perhaps the bandswitching between 2.4 and 5Ghz has been improved also.

Reactions: Droniac
?
?
For you “a help me buy it”? Certainly. ? Godspeed always, Droniac I wonder if we can get a better price for 2 from DJI? LMAO

This seems to be the firmest news on the Mavic 3.

Bet it's going to be an excellent drone with a dual camera. And expensive.
“My theory is but it all and hang it on my wall. “ but it gives my financial advisor chest pains. ?? I’m prolly going for it. It will be nice to back up with my M2P which I won’t sell. I wonder if phantomrain.org will produce a wetsuit for it. ? I’m down. as always Godspeed, Droniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54