DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Mini - Brown Odd Stuff

I know, that´s why I´m waiting for the flight records. I´ll post them here ASAP.

I would LOVE to have the Mavic Mini 2... Unfortunately, as a young student, I cannot really afford to buy a new one (600 euro for the fly more combo). That´s why I´m looking into used, second-hand Mavic Minis. I don´t think the 2,7K would be a problem, but the lack of occusync could be. I plan to start with the Mini 1, then, when I gain some experience (and earn som money) move up to a higher model.
Three practical suggestions:

1. Don't get the Fly More Combo, which will initially save a lot of money. Learning to fly/film with just one battery will push you to pre-plan (think "story boards") and be more self-disciplined, making you much better. We've mostly flown our P4P+ with only two batteries - and that's for actual overseas assignments.

2. Get a refurbished Mini 2, that will soon become available, which will save even more money.

3. Reduce your other costs as a student, such as alcohol (?), saving more money. You can ALWAYS make cutbacks if you really want to. And if you still can't afford it, then save and wait until you can. Meanwhile, think of what filming projects you can do - which is much, much harder than flying a drone. You'll need to do days or even weeks of detailed pre-planning just for one film if you want to achieve excellence.

If you're serious about filming as a future profession, learn to do things the professional way and the Mini 2 is the starting level. This is my best advice to you, speaking as a seasoned pro. "Start as you mean to go on" is serious psychological/neurological advice if you know anything about habit.

If you're serious about filming as a future profession, learn to do things the professional way and the Mini 2 is the starting level. This is my best advice to you, speaking as a seasoned pro. "Start as you mean to go on" is serious psychological/neurological advice if you know anything about habit.
Well, it´s more like a hobby, not really a future profession. Something I like to do, while travelling. But yeah, thanks for your advice!
3. Reduce your other costs as a student, such as alcohol (?), saving more money. You can ALWAYS make cutbacks if you really want to. And if you still can't afford it, then save and wait until you can. Meanwhile, think of what filming projects you can do - which is much, much harder than flying a drone. You'll need to do days or even weeks of detailed pre-planning just for one film if you want to achieve excellence.
Don´t worry, no alcohol involved ? (I´m only on high school yet). I´m doing as much as I can to save some money.
1. Don't get the Fly More Combo, which will initially save a lot of money. Learning to fly/film with just one battery will push you to pre-plan (think "story boards") and be more self-disciplined, making you much better. We've mostly flown our P4P+ with only two batteries - and that's for actual overseas assignments.
Wow, this is great advice! Thanks a lot man!
2. Get a refurbished Mini 2, that will soon become available, which will save even more money.
I´ll try as hard as I can to find one, but it´s not easy. Now is the ideal time to get a used Mini 1, because everyone is selling them to buy the M2. But thanks for this as well! Your advice is very helpful for me.

I wrongly assumed you were at university, perhaps studying for a future profession. As this isn't the case, then - yes - go for a Mini 1 as a lot of people are switching. You're correct in working out this s the best time to buy a used Mini 1. Look beyond your local region and also check what sale prices are on offer from major retailers who want to offload stock of an "old" model.

Make the most of your life ahead. Work hard to be the very best you can be. And do something useful to somehow make the world a better place.

Don;t be worried about making mistakes because you can always improve through error-focused learning, which is the best type of learning. If you're not already following SpaceX, do so because they're a great example of what I'm talking about. There's a Falcon 9 flight at lunchtime today (SpaceXcom), plus SN9 should be doing its final static fire test later today before it's test flight perhaps later this week. Google "Falcon Heavy test flight" and "SN5", "SN6", and "SN8" to see what's already happened.

All the best from the UK.

Reactions: sr2z
Thank you very much African wildlife!
Soo... The seller didn´t send me flight records, he sent me a recording of flight ?... I guess the drone works fine. I can´t post the video here, but here are some screenshots:
Screenshot (254).png
Screenshot (255).png
The drone took off without problems, the gimbal seems to move freely. He even showed the auto-landing. Everything seems oukey.

Now the question: to buy, or not to buy? What do you guys think? The price is amazing...
199 euro/ 177 pounds/ 240 dollars

Last edited:
Ask to see the flight records because this will show you how much the drone has been used (but not if anything has gone wrong). Also ask yourself if the price is really amazing or a potential waste of money if it isn't in the shape that you think it is.

You can get a new Mini 1 here in the UK for £328. Or a refurbished for £295 or refurbished Fly More Combo for £389. (I'll let you do the conversions.)

SpaceX's Falcon 9 flight has now been postponed 24 hours (which is not unusual).

Reactions: sr2z
Ask to see the flight records because this will show you how much the drone has been used (but not if anything has gone wrong). Also ask yourself if the price is really amazing or a potential waste of money if it isn't in the shape that you think it is.
Well, the price is quite good, all the other offers are at about 100 euro more, at the cheapest. Assuming from the video he sent me, there is nothing wrong with the drone. It took-off without problems, the landing function works as well. Turning left right oukey. He showed the gimbal tilting up and down. Everything works as he said.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manu Gopinath