DJI Mavic Pro Platinum (Just Released)

I heard there coming out with a "Styrofoam deluxe edition "
More lightweight
It now floats, no more worrying over ware
You can glue broken parts, no need to send to repair shop
Longer range due to drifting
Cheaper price!!!
Look for it at your local store [emoji6]

40% reduction in noise seem substantial. That would be about half as loud as it is now. I know people complain about the noise of the mavic, but it's actually much quieter than other drones I've flown.
I'm all for that plus the claimed extra flying time DJI claims.
Noise reduction and flight time are also enhanced when used with the Mavic Pro, but not as much.

The increased efficiency is all in the propellers not ESC. We should see similar results when putting the propellers on our Mavics. The new propeller design has slightly more lift and will allow the Mavic to turn a slightly lower RPM. Should really help with Range. I've been looking for larger propellers, but now there is no need with this updated design.

Makes me happy about my Mavic pro was expecting a big upgrade will buy these new props even if they give my Mavic pro slight upgrade for £20 that's great, don't know what dji was thinking with this small drone tbh

Reactions: Tiax
Can anybody answer the query about if Mavic props will work on the Platinum rather than the other way around..

Reactions: austindave
Somehow it figures: my first post concerns the upgrade cycle. I've had my mavic 6 days and now an upgrade comes along. Reminds me of my father plunking down big bucks for a giant hi-fi and the first commercial he hears on it is for the new phenomenon of stereo ........
Gotta find the happy medium - don't want to be a beta tester but don't want to be late to the party

Jake

Logically they should...
Logic & DJI are not to be used in the same sentence.

I only ask because I was hoping all the accessories like the prop cages (and smaller cage props) will work unless they've done something to completely balls that idea up.

Seems not much of an "update" to me. These small improvements should have come free as a new update, and not a "new drone."
It's a marketing thing to extend the sales cycle of the Mavic platform prior to releasing an entirely-new machine.
I really hate that tacky inclusion of "PLATINUM!" in the logo affixed to the left-front leg - probably impresses 14-year-old boys, but yuck. Like orange-flame stickers on the rocker panels of a Bentley.

The new props might be a nice little inexpensive tweak to our MPs; I'm sure we'll see noise-meter and flight-life testing videos online within a few hours of them being delivered to owners.

Logic & DJI are not to be used in the same sentence.

I only ask because I was hoping all the accessories like the prop cages (and smaller cage props) will work unless they've done something to completely balls that idea up.
Very true, but do you mean the official Prop Guards/Cage? If so these use proprietary props don't they?

It seems that way. and if the battery improvement is because of those props, then this will be a great add-on for existing mavics. @$10 its a no brainer.

The new props and ESC make it quieter, the new battery is what makes it fly longer.

Wondering if these new batteries can be used in the regular Mavic,,,

The new props and ESC make it quieter, the new battery is what makes it fly longer.

Wondering if these new batteries can be used in the regular Mavic,,,
Drilling down into the specs on the DJI online store there is nothing new about the battery except the silver color. Capacity and so forth are exactly the same.

The extended flight time is because of the new ESCs and/or the props, not the battery.

No arguing that the improvements are cool. However, after a lot of recent product research (i.e. shopping), it seems that the community consensus was that the camera was the Mavic Pro's weak point. Quieter and longer flight time is super cool, but now I'm in an even bigger quandary on my first "grown up" drone choice. Ugh.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54