DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro Platinum (Just Released)

Yeah I agree. The motors on the Mavic without props are not all that loud. It must be a prop improvement that cuts down on a lot of the noise. I suspect it also has something to do with the extra 3 minutes of flight time. Note how DJI boasts about the Mavic Pro's top speed but on this model they do not mention it. I suspect they gave up a bit of speed for more battery life and quieter operation. Not a problem, but it's not going to make me sell mine which I know has flexible software for a model that is probably locked down tighter than a gnats rear.

Robt.
Bingo! The tips on the new props are designed to act like "vortex generators" (look at the big airliner wing tips) to reduce drag on the wing tips. This saves them 1000.00's of dollars in fuel consumption. So I suspect it will improve flight time,but how much in "real world" use? My guess is maybe 1 to 1 1/2 minutes! The noise reduction would be great,but at the locations I fly at,prop noise isn't a problem,so that dosen't get me too excited either! At my age I have "brain fade"! Better known as "senior moments"! On a 19-21 minute flight I might not even notice 1 1/2 minutes of extended flight time.:D Also as you mentioned above,no one is talking about a performance,increase,or loss! I'm guessing as slow as I am at preflighting the MP,I might use up enough battery to not even see the longer flight time?:oops:

Reactions: bas4241
From the DJI site:
Overview
The 8331 propellers have a brand new aerodynamic design giving the Mavic Pro series an impressive noise control performance. When used with the Mavic Pro Platinum, up to 4dB (60%) of aircraft noise is lowered during takeoff and landing, and flight time is extended to 30 minutes. Noise reduction and flight time are also enhanced when used with the Mavic Pro, but not as much.

Highlights
Enhanced Endurance, Quieter Flight

Tips
Not compatible with Mavic Propeller Cage.

In the Box
8331 Propeller Pair × 1

Specifications
Diameter × Thread: 8.3 × 3.1 inch

Compatibility
Mavic Pro Platinum
Mavic Pro

Oh, and out of stock!

I cannot wait for two specific Vblogger's to get one.

My prediction from these two guys is that it is so much better than the MP that you have to have one ASAP because the old Mavic Pro is so inferior.
Then when real users start to get them you will start to hear a different story.
I don't know how many times DJI can keep using this trick but it has worked every time so far. They caught me with the Goggles, they almost had me with the Spark. If I had liked the idea of hand gesture flight I would have been hooked, luckily I did not because the hand gestures obviously do not work nearly as well as those guys said it did.

Rob
The Chinese are sneaky lads.

From the DJI site:
Overview
The 8331 propellers have a brand new aerodynamic design giving the Mavic Pro series an impressive noise control performance. When used with the Mavic Pro Platinum, up to 4dB (60%) of aircraft noise is lowered during takeoff and landing, and flight time is extended to 30 minutes. Noise reduction and flight time are also enhanced when used with the Mavic Pro, but not as much.

Highlights
Enhanced Endurance, Quieter Flight

Tips
Not compatible with Mavic Propeller Cage.

In the Box
8331 Propeller Pair × 1

Specifications
Diameter × Thread: 8.3 × 3.1 inch

Compatibility
Mavic Pro Platinum
Mavic Pro

Oh, and out of stock!

For the final time

THEY WERE NEVER IN STOCK

Is it really true that 1080p at 60fps will be usable on the new version? Any sources about this?
Not true, on Dji Facebook page a dji rep said there is new hardware in the camera to fix "certain" issues, strange they don't mention this in the literature, I feel they don't want to admit there are problems with the original.. perhaps the dji rep spoke out of line, but he mentioned it a few times in the thread

The FAQ for the comparison doesnt say a thing about hardware. It mentions colour ESC and prop changes which affcet noise. DJI dont mention any camera mods.

For the final time

THEY WERE NEVER IN STOCK

Seems a shame DJI dont have shops for fan boys to queue up a week in advance. I will go on record and be first to ask...Is it compatible with the new iphone 8 / Edition ??

It hasn't changed enough for me to run out and buy one, if anything, i may pick up the props since they are compatible and because they are the only thing reducing the noise level, as far as the ESC are concerned they say it adds lil more stability hmmmmmm, i have had no stability issue with my mavic as it is hahaha.

What i wanted was something to make it more weather proof, like heated batteries for the winter, a nite vision camera, maybe some rear sensors, a gimbal that's not so fragile but still as functional, you know some big items. They are boosting an extra 3 minute flight time, but that will come if its true with just replacing the props, So as of now i am still good with my pro and for new folks, they may as well jump into platinum, and the rest of us can just spend $20 for some new props hahaha

Id love the mavic too be waterproof so i can fly in rain and the gimbal mounted underneath with 360 rotation ability. I feel ripped off by the fact that i can only look up and down with no left and right movement especially when it says a three axis gimbal. I'd say that was false advertising because they weren't up front enough about what that means to the average person.

Last edited:
Reactions: NestleQuik
Then go ahead and buy the P4P.. I usually shoot with full frame DSLRs so I'm the last person to be with happy with a tiny sensor but I would not have 95% of the footage that I got with the Mavic if it was bigger, because I would simply not have it with me... So I'll just eat my cake and accept that it's gone ;)

Me too. Except the P4P sensor doesn't add enough weight to the Mavic to matter, but that SENSOR matters. If DJI doesn't say Merry Christmas with the P4P sensor on the Mavic, they are stupid, and DJI has proven they are anything but stupid.Spring at the absolute worst case.

Probably just enough propulsion and flight time change with the new model to compensate for the added weight of the P4P sensor and gimbal and still keep it within the original flight parameters of the original MP we all already own.

Things that should making you go, "Hmmmmm..."

Reactions: VilleB
The FAQ for the comparison doesnt say a thing about hardware. It mentions colour ESC and prop changes which affcet noise. DJI dont mention any camera mods.
It also dosen't mention any new NFZ's either!:D

"aircraft noise is lowered during takeoff and landing" So dose this mean,they go back to the orginal sound levels,in flight?:rolleyes: This is starting to sound like a "My Pillow" comercial!:D

People were complaining about this poxy camera from day one and to see DJI completely ignore consumer requests shows they are at their limit of design.

Slap on a sticker and call it a new model ;)
DJI has no concern for the customer past the $$$. This has been proven time and time again. I no longer buy DJI, overbearing product control caused me nothing by anxiety. DJI could put a 3 inch sensor @ 50mp for $100 on the market and I would ignore it. Never had such a bad taste left in my mouth by any company on the planet. Can't wait for them to go under as other companies catch up.

Reactions: Masheen
Id love the mavic too be waterproof so i can fly in rain and the gimbal mounted underneath with 360 rotation ability. I feel ripped off by the fact that i can only look up and down with no left and right movement especially when it says a three axis gimbal. I'd say that was false advertising because they weren't up front enough about what that means to the average person.
No false advertising, you can look left and right with the camera, but only when you have the goggles connected.

No false advertising, you can look left and right with the camera, but only when you have the goggles connected.

Well that's news to me. But unfortunately that means forking out another £500 for the privilege! And it's only a little too the left and right.

Can i not achieve this by using an so like litchi and vr Goggles? (If so how?)

I do find that dji fail to explain much, especially in how to operate their drones. For example when i opened the dji go app there is an academy section but it doesn't cover that much. I don't even get a manual with the drone, i have to locate the pdf and either try to swap between that and the go app or print it all out so i have a good reference.

With all the controversy surrounding drones and people flying them in taboo areas etc you would think that dji would do their utmost to be a responsible company and educate customers in how to use their drones and software thoroughly as well as about laws etc so that it reduced accidents and didn't fuel bad press of drones. It would actually lower their costs of replacements etc and promote the drone industry thus increasing their customer Base. It all sounds logical to me.

Reactions: butterflyslicer
Bingo! The tips on the new props are designed to act like "vortex generators" (look at the big airliner wing tips) to reduce drag on the wing tips.

The tip design changes are not "vortex generators" but vortex reducers. Generating vortexes at the tips (unavoidable) just wastes energy (higher induced drag). Avoid vortex generation and you save the energy needed to make them, in other words.

Winglets and/or high aspect ratio designs reduce vortices at the tips and thus reduce energy loss.

May also (in this case) reduce VRS and could allow for greater descent rates (though I don't think they've changes the maximum vertical rate in the MPP.

The tips of these blades are suddenly higher aspect ratio - less induced drag - less vortex - less energy used.

Probably helps reduce the noise consequently.

The DJI Mavic Pro Platinum is now available for pre-order in the DJI Store here. It comes packed with the following new features:
  • New platinum color
  • New FOC sinusoidal driver ESCs
  • New 8331 propeller design
  • Up to 4 dB (60%) quieter than the Mavic Pro
  • Maximum flight time extended from 27 to 30 minutes
More information can be found on DJI's site here.

Will the new props run on the, "basic" mPRO?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki