DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro VS Parrot Disco FPV

sabzanotto7

Reactions
Hey guys, I am looking at getting a new drone to have a bit of fun with, I can get a second hand Mavic for $950 AUD or the Parrot for $500. Which do you reckon would be more fun to fly around. Also i am not really interested in making an HD videos or any thing like that. Tell me what are you thoughts and also if there is any other drones I should consider.

Also I know the parrot disco isn't really a drone, its a fixed wing but you get the point.

The Disco is most certainly a drone, it's an unmanned aircraft that is controlled remotely. They're two entirely different vehicles with different purposes. With a battery swap, you can be in the air for over an hour and a half with a Disco, while the Mavic is usually around 20 minutes. The Mavic is extremely agile and you can fly it in tight spaces, while the Disco is a drone you fly long distances or circle overhead. You need more space to land a Disco, while the Mavic will land on a metaphorical dime.

So, what do you plan to do with it? If you want a drone that's fun to fly, neither of these really qualify. A Traxxas Aton is a much better drone if you want something that is fun to fly, and it also comes in at a significantly lower cost if you break it. Same for any of the racing drones you can buy, although an Aton has a much longer flight time than a racing quad. I never fly my Mavic Pro for fun, because it's expensive and there are cheaper drones I can fly and risk breaking, and because outside of some high-speed passes, there isn't a ton I can get out of it. I can do crazy flips and such with the Aton.

I have fun with my Pro. Seriously though, it is expensive and that weighs heavy on the mind when flying it.

I mean if i do get the pro I wouldn't do anything stupid I just want to be able to fly far distances

I mean if i do get the pro I wouldn't do anything stupid I just want to be able to fly far distances

The Disco is going to be the winner when it comes to distance. Go on YouTube, you can see the missions that people have planned. I have seem some absolutely insane distances from them, some of them in the 35-40 miles total. People are proud of their 100,000 feet total distances with the modified Phantom 3, but this doubles that and doesn't require the insane antenna setup or triple battery setup. If you want a quadcopter for distance, get a Phantom 3 and modify it. With all the batteries, charger, and antenna, you'd probably still be in half the cost of a Mavic, except you can only get maybe 35,000 feet total distance out of them.

The Disco is going to be the winner when it comes to distance. Go on YouTube, you can see the missions that people have planned. I have seem some absolutely insane distances from them, some of them in the 35-40 miles total. People are proud of their 100,000 feet total distances with the modified Phantom 3, but this doubles that and doesn't require the insane antenna setup or triple battery setup. If you want a quadcopter for distance, get a Phantom 3 and modify it. With all the batteries, charger, and antenna, you'd probably still be in half the cost of a Mavic, except you can only get maybe 35,000 feet total distance out of them.

How about in residential areas?

The range of the Disco is less than the MP. The Disco has higher total distance cos it has longer flight duration and faster speed. Like flying at max speed in a 2 km radius for 45mins.
hmm.... their official website says they are no longer sold.

The range of the Disco is less than the MP. The Disco has higher total distance cos it has longer flight duration and faster speed. Like flying at max speed in a 2 km radius for 45mins.
hmm.... their official website says they are no longer sold.

Actually,

using way points on a planned flight it can go beyond the 2KM range limit of the WiFi based controller. Here's a 20 mile trip around the Hawaii coast, for example:

It is discontinued and as a result there are some great deals out there. For example, here in the states, B&H out of NYC has it for $399 USD.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31