DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI mini 2 and Samsung S10e?

Geeforce

Reactions
I want to buy the new DJI mini 2. But I can't find if the fly app and this drone is compatible with my Samsung S10e *watch the e!
It is almost the same as the S10, but the S10e is not in the list of compatible devices.

Edit: We also have a Samsung A50 here. Compatible? Would be strange if this one is and the S10e not, as the s10e is more powerfull.

Last edited:
I want to buy the new DJI mini 2. But I can't find if the fly app and this drone is compatible with my Samsung S10e *watch the e!
It is almost the same as the S10, but the S10e is not in the list of compatible devices.

Edit: We also have a Samsung A50 here. Compatible? Would be strange if this one is and the S10e not, as the s10e is more powerfull.
I was advised by DJI that the a20e was not compatible with Fly, although I was able to download and it seemed to work ok. you need 64bit and 3gb of ram to stand any chance of it working.

i also used a a20e in the past without any problems, on mavic mini not mini 2, but i think is the same thing

Thanks for the replies. But I was asking about the S10e, not the A20. The a20e is not like the flagship S10.

Looking at the specs from the S10 and S10e they only are different on size and some camera stuff. CUP and everything is the same. 64 bit and running arm. Running 6 Gb of Ram max. So I don't understand that the S10 and S10+ are in the list on DJI site, but not the S10e.

Would be a huge disappointment after buying the mini 2 that it won't work.

Just had contact with DJI support and they say S10e is NOT supported. Really strange as the specs are almost the same as S10. Wanted to order a mini 2 today, but not sure now.

Reactions: dulcificum
i have the mini 2 i have had it probably 2 months maybe now or less and every flight has been with my samsung galaxy s10e and i have never had a problem ever. works just fine 100% percent

Just had contact with DJI support and they say S10e is NOT supported. Really strange as the specs are almost the same as S10. Wanted to order a mini 2 today, but not sure now.
I would press support to find out why S10e is explicitly not supported while the S10 and S10+ are, and the pertinent specs (CPU, RAM, 64 bit) are the same.
Explicitly, rather than, "oh well we hadn't tested it" which means nothing.

The only Android I would say is explicitly not supported particularly with Go is the older Tab E, not that I've used lots of devices. Reason I say not supported is that Samsung has something in there that blocks the USB connection to the app after boot. There is a workaround by attempting connection as the E boots, thus sneaking past the block.
My HTC M8, 10, Tab S3, and now the S20 FE alp work, although sometimes I had app crashes which may be performance based.

Thank you all for the info. Maybe going to contact support again. But for now.... I just ordered myself my birthday present, my first drone; dji mini2.

Please quote exactly what they said.
Well, that part is gone, as it was in online chat. It was very short, only saying not in de list, not supported.

In the meantime, I got an answer via email too. They all refer to the list, Not in the list, not advised/compatible.
The part about the system requirements is strange, as the S10 and S10e are technically identical, except screen size and camera stuff.

Here is that email. I removed names.

-------------8<-------------------------------------

Good afternoon! Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We are sorry to hear about the issue. Please download the Fly app from DJI official website.

DJI communicates a list of display devices that are tested and recommended.
yobhXW8529UGUR1FEDiCKJ8cc

Unfortunately, your display device is not on this list. Even if you've been able to use the DJI Fly app on your mobile device so far, it is possible that the system requirements of the DJI Fly App have changed due to an update. This sadly sometimes makes some devices no longer suitable for use with the Fly app. Please use the Fly app with mobile device on the compatibility list.

Should your device be affected by this, we regret this, but the permanent improvement and extension of the app is in the foreground. It is important for us to integrate further innovations for DJI pilots.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you for choosing DJI. We are always here to help.

May you have a good day and always stay healthy

"Even if you've been able to use the DJI Fly app on your mobile device so far, it is possible that the system requirements of the DJI Fly App have changed due to an update. This sadly sometimes makes some devices no longer suitable for use with the Fly app. Please use the Fly app with mobile device on the compatibility list."

Yeah, whenever they make a change to the app, they test it right away with all the listed devices to make sure they stay on the list. I doubt that.
They just haven't gotten around to testing with the 10e.

Reactions: Geeforce
Thats exactly what I told support.
Not necessarily. Samsung could make changes that inhibit some of Fly's functions.

My Tab E for example, Samsung had something in there that blocked USB connection to app. It acted like a security block as the connection would work if caught before fully booted.
That was a long time ago, and there are more security concerns and countermeasures now.

Then there's the Tello that works fine on my HTC 10 and Samsung Tab S3, but no video on S20, even with TelloFPV. You'd think if it worked with the S3, then it would work with S20. Android version could have been the issue but app was fixed for A11 on other model phones.

I got in contact again with suppert via email and told them it's very strange that if specs are the same for a S10 and S10e (CPU etc) that they are saying it is not supported. I also told that I got replies in forums that other users said S10e is working fine without any problems. Well, this is the reply:

Thank you for the information. From my side I cannot find a confirmation from DJI that Samsung S10e is compatible with DJI Fly app, or maybe because the engineers didn't test it. As you know, you may can use DJI Fly and Mini 2 with your phone problem-free but we cannot guarantee the compatibility due to firmware or app update. But I do hope you will operate Mini 2 without any problems, we will consider it and add this device to the list.

:cool:

I got in contact again with suppert via email and told them it's very strange that if specs are the same for a S10 and S10e (CPU etc) that they are saying it is not supported. I also told that I got replies in forums that other users said S10e is working fine without any problems. Well, this is the reply:

Thank you for the information. From my side I cannot find a confirmation from DJI that Samsung S10e is compatible with DJI Fly app, or maybe because the engineers didn't test it. As you know, you may can use DJI Fly and Mini 2 with your phone problem-free but we cannot guarantee the compatibility due to firmware or app update. But I do hope you will operate Mini 2 without any problems, we will consider it and add this device to the list.

:cool:
Well that's a reasonable answer. They should still provide "best effort" to support any issues. Most of the time the phone model has no bearing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayaram