DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji mini 2 pictures/videos are grainy and pixelated

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona!

looks like you may have posted the low res preview. Also may sites have strings to choose for display.

I am having the same problem I think. I am using a SanDisc Extreme 64 that is supposed to be compatible with 4K 160/60 U3, A2. I have tried different down load methods including quick transfer to the IPhone. I understand that the cash is of lower quality. The last time with tips from this forum I downloaded the videos and photos from the SDcard/adaptor directly to my PC. The photos seem ok though I dont really have anything to compare them with. The videos on the other hand are jerky and there are periods of pixilation. No doubt my flying wasnt too good and it was windy. What am I doing wrong?

I am having the same problem I think. I am using a SanDisc Extreme 64 that is supposed to be compatible with 4K 160/60 U3, A2. I have tried different down load methods including quick transfer to the IPhone. I understand that the cash is of lower quality. The last time with tips from this forum I downloaded the videos and photos from the SDcard/adaptor directly to my PC. The photos seem ok though I dont really have anything to compare them with. The videos on the other hand are jerky and there are periods of pixilation. No doubt my flying wasnt too good and it was windy. What am I doing wrong?
As you have done before, I always dL from a card reader to my cpu. I use drag and drop. Works for vids, jpeg, and DNG.

Reactions: tlswift58 and DJayI
Hi i have a problem with my mini 2, every time i take a picture or a video it looks very grainy. I always shoot in 4k.
Does anyone know why or how to fix it?
It might be the subject matter.
In that shot there are a couple of million fine branches and that ends up being just a soft mess.
To see if the camera is working properly, try shooting something with hard detail, like a well-lit house wall from 20-30 feet and see what that looks like.

Reactions: Parkland
Hi i have a problem with my mini 2, every time i take a picture or a video it looks very grainy. I always shoot in 4k.
Does anyone know why or how to fix it?
Pics are not in 4k. Air2 shoots max 48 MP in camera mode, but typically in the 12 MP realm if you do not choose the 48MP setting.

Are you shooting pics & vid's in AUTO or manual. If manual, what are the settings? Those are fairly key to both good photo's and vid's.

I take my SD card out after every flight and download to my PC hard drive and not had any issues other than in video at 1080p / 4x ZOOM in lowl ight. That produces a lot of noise. Yet, when flying in good daylight, not had the noise issue in either AUTO or manual settings.

Details are very important when asking for help on such issues. Without it - we're shooting in the proverbial dark as you are.

It's not possible to tell without examples to look at.
Still having problems in 4K at 30f auto. When I check my videos on the DJI FlyApp album or on the drone album they look great, nice and smooth. I tried Quick Transfer to my IPhone. I think that a 4K appeared in the FlyApp album and looked pretty good but it is tough to transfer from Iphone FlyApp to PC. Problem starts when I down load the 4K videos to my PC. I have tried connecting the drone to my PC with the charge cord. Works great I think, but when I try to view it is jerky and pixs at times. So I tried transferring the files directly from the SD card. Also worked ok but when I tried to view the video on the pc the same problem. Could it be a bad card? I am using a SanDisk 64GB 160 read and 60 write U3 A2. Help I am confused... Thanks. I will try to attach a file

when I try to view it is jerky and pixs at times. So I tried transferring the files directly from the SD card. Also worked ok but when I tried to view the video on the pc the same problem. Could it be a bad card?
The most likely explanation is that the computer isn't up to the task of running 4K video.
I will try to attach a file
You can't attach a video file.
But you can upload a video sample to something like Youtube and post a link to the video here.

I would agree with Meta4 that your computer probably isn't able to deal with 4K files. We got a high-spec Dell laptop to download files for editing.

Reactions: tlswift58
Need an very very good GPU / video card with lot of RAM onboard and also a minimum of 16GB's of RAM on your motherboard. Many here say they have upped there's to 32GB's - which if your PC can support it - is great. My PC's run on 16GB's of RAM and I have no real issues with video. I don't typically shoot at 4k, but have done so in past. I found 1080p works fine for my stuff and sometimes may go to 2.4k - but 4k just created too large of files even if kept to like 1 minute.

A "SSD" hard drive is also a good add if you don't have one - as older drives run much slower and with large data files like with 4k - you need all the HUMPF you can get to process smoothly.

Reactions: Parkland
The most likely explanation is that the computer isn't up to the task of running 4K video.

You can't attach a video file.
But you can upload a video sample to something like Youtube and post a link to the video here.
I will have to work on that. A bit beyond my abilities right now. Thanks

I will have to work on that. A bit beyond my abilities right now. Thanks
Thank you sir. I am feeling better in one respect. I tried shooting in 1080P 30fps and it works great after download to my pc either by cord or card. I cant imagine what 4K must look like. Problem is my poor old laptop. Wife was looking at me sidewise when I bought the drone; a new laptop?? Thanks again, I am off to try to find a thread on RC range.

Reactions: Jam0ne

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nordrand