DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI mini 3 hard case

Scoobychief

Reactions
Update after a month of use, I returned this STARTRC hard case.

51aDczgJ6+L._AC_SY1000_.jpg

I really liked the layout, and it was one of the shallowest/thinnest hard cases around.

Sadly, the insert is made from cheap, undense foam, so it easily distorts and doesn't hold things securely. It's the typical 2-part foam, with a thick black bottom section and a thin 4-5mm red layer on top. The red layer is the typical very dense and stiff foam we're all familiar with. The lower main layer is not! it's less dense and easily compressible, similar to the foam in the lid.

I replaced it with this FPVTovsky case, $30 more on Amazon, and worth every extra penny:

51bPmv1gBZL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

The foam insert is the familiar red-topped black, but red and black are both the same very dense, stiff foam. Also much better quality case, with double-locking latches, beefier hinges, rubber padded larger handle, and just generally looks feels sounds functions "beef-ier" than the STARTRC.

It's funny because the ONLY case I own that isn't a GPC is for my DJI FPV. It is from MC-Cases and the foam looks identical to the STARTRC. Obviously it is not the same as my MC-Cases foam has held up extremely well since the FPV launch. It's taken a beating and the foam is "like new."

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys