DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Sun Shield for an iPad Mini 6

ScottTX

Reactions
I too have a mini 6, but all the previous sun shades I've purchased are just a hair too small. It's been a small dilemma. I'm looking forward to others who may have found suitable screen shades.

But while I'm here I'll share which tablet holders I purchased, ultimately buying two. The following is the first one I purchased. Multi part tablet holder. I found this one to be amazingly versatile, sturdy and reasonably priced. $18. What's great about it is that you can balance your tablet over the center of the controller so it's not torquing forward. Also it has a couple 1/4"/20 mounts so you can mount part of it on a tripod or use it as a phone stand. Very versatile. It packs almost flat. But the downside is that it take a few minutes to assemble and deploy. You would probably want to use a neck strap if you have the Mini2/Air 2 style controller. However, if you have a Mavic 2 type controller, you can reverse the direction of the mount and have the tablet balance ablve the controller, without it the monitor being on the bottom. This holder, again, is very versatile.

The second one I purchased was much more simple. It's just a hook that gets clamped to the rods leading to the antenna. $10. It's light. Small and easy to transport and very quick to deploy. The Downsize is that the tablet is out at the top of the controller and thus the balance is a little top heavy.

Getting back to the screen shade for the iPad Mini 6... Does anyone know of one that will actually fit? Again, the current ones are just a couple mm's too small. I'm almost tempted to create my own out of gaffers tape.

1650551881506.png

1650552028153.png

If you do choose to go down the DIY road, Kydex is a great material to use. It's relatively cheap, thermoform, and it will yield professional looking results with minimal labor. I made one for my fishfinder and it's held up for more than 5 years. I used 3M Dualock vhb low profile tape to secure it and couldn't be more pleased.

Attachments

• Sun Shade 003.jpg
    Sun Shade 003.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
  • Sun Shade 004.jpg
    Sun Shade 004.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads