DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are vnd filters too heavy

foxdog 11

Reactions
Very new to drones and I can’t find this in the forum but apologies if it’s been covered
I was going to buy these or similar for my dji mini 2

But I have read that Vnd filters are too heavy for the Mini 2 Gimble
Is this correct?

VERY good question, after all the plain single use filters are often 'buggy' with some gimbals, the VNDs with extra dials / bulk must add more weight, possibly causing overload errors etc.

Be good to see if anyone has experience, as VND filters have obvious advantages.

Got filters for my Mavic 2 Pro... it messed up my horizon on videos and pictures... even if I went in and changed it manually... just don't use them now. :(

Got filters for my Mavic 2 Pro... it messed up my horizon on videos and pictures... even if I went in and changed it manually... just don't use them now. :(
Interesting… no problems with imaging of any type using filters (PolarPro and Freewell) of any strength in pictures or video… been using since 1999 and fly near daily.

Interesting… no problems with imaging of any type using filters (PolarPro and Freewell) of any strength in pictures or video… been using since 1999 and fly near daily.

You have the VND filter too I think ?

Do you turn the aircraft off to reset the filter level ?
If not, that might be a good idea.
If the drone is powered up, the camera gimbal might not like being turned while it's trying to remain steady, plus can then power up again and let the gimbal recalibrate on the ground after turning the filter intensity up or down.