DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 4 Pro Vision Sensor Calibration After Crash

Cotyoran52

Reactions
Hi friends ! Recently i got a minor crash with my Mini 4 Pro and my one of front sensors got stratched a bit. I mean lens glass of sensor had little fracture. Sensor works well when drone sees a real obstacle. But, in high altitudes like flying over 100 meters or 50 meters doens't matter, sometimes sensors see obstacles that don't exist actually and give me warn of obstacle. In Aliexpress i found a DJI repair seller selling these sensors individually. I don't know how to calibrate them after mounting them to drone. Official DJI vision sensor calibration software currently doesn't support Mini 4 Pro. How can i calibrate new mounted sensor. Or is there anyone already made this before ? What are the results ? There are no any enough information on internet regarding. I didn't send it to service, bcs here services demand very high demands and DJI is not in my country officialy. Thanks..

The Mini 4 Pro sensor i saw on Aliexpress:

1727097916936.png

I would have sent it to DJI for repair

Reactions: Cotyoran52
I would have sent it to DJI for repair
I know, but i look for a cheaper solution for me. As i said, service demands high prices and long time. Service is not in my city and here DJI not officially exist so services take your money. For example i could repair gimbal damper myself and i can mount the sensor myself as well, but problem is calibration and its method.. I have to learn this..

Not sure how much the part cost from that site, or whether it's easy to replace, and then perhaps wind up in the same place with a semi-functional sensor.

Unless you took the time to contact DJI, and whether you have a service plan or some other coverage, you're not sure how much you might spend. Could be more, could be less.

One thing for sure, when you got it back from DJI, you'd be pretty sure it would be working again, whereas your personal fix may or may not resolve the issue and back your back to the drawing board with a semi-functional drone that now DJI would claim you took apart and may cost you more..

Not sure how much the part cost from that site, or whether it's easy to replace, and then perhaps wind up in the same place with a semi-functional sensor.

Unless you took the time to contact DJI, and whether you have a service plan or some other coverage, you're not sure how much you might spend. Could be more, could be less.

One thing for sure, when you got it back from DJI, you'd be pretty sure it would be working again, whereas your personal fix may or may not resolve the issue and back your back to the drawing board with a semi-functional drone that now DJI would claim you took apart and may cost you more..
Actually, for example my gimbal damper ruptured, and i could repaired myself with no issue with this method. And i think i can do the same thing with sensor as well. But, i research strictly to not give damage to equipments. If i'm sure enough i repair myself. I'm actually a kind of D.I.Y guy and engineer so i like to repair things myself as possible.. So that is why i write to here whether to learn if anybody have tried. I'm nearly sure service would demand so much price with these small damages and would require much time (I replaced my gimbal damper 1/4 price of service for example) . By this way, i learn and i learn what to do for further possible crashes for my drone. Thanks for your contribution anyway

One thing I've found with this group/forum is most dont do their own repairs, has in other groups where the majority do their own repairs...

One thing I've found with this group/forum is most dont do their own repairs, has in other groups where the majority do their own repairs...
Not always own repair but sometimes it provides a good money & time savings and improving technical capabilities. In old world, we all were like this. We forget things repairing on our own which is kind of good humanity feature for not to consume sources quickly..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr