DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI mini pro 3

craig Polini

Reactions
Hi all flying my drone in Zante at the sunset michalis tavern the drone was just hovering when the drone just fell no strong wind or any other warnings has this happened to anyone? Drone is now gone as this was a cliff
Thanks
Craig

IF YOU HAVE NOT SYNCED YOUR LOGS WITH DJI........... SWITCH SYNCING OFF.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
read the instructions lower down the page, if you understand retrieve the txt flight log, upload it to that web site and post the URL here.

If you are struggling to find the logs tell us which controller you are using and if relevant what phone you are using.

If you can find the logs copy them to computer etc.
Where you found the logs check if the folder MCDatFlightRecord contains any files, if it does also copy those files, .DAT files, to your computer. Upload the last DAT, which should have a date and time stamp that is quite similar to the stamp of the .txt flight log, to a file hosting website, make the page public and post its URL here.

Why switch syncing off? Syncing deletes the DAT flight logs. If you have already synced with DJI and the DAT is gone DO NOT worry, it's just icing on the cake, the .txt is the important log and you WILL or should have that.

Last edited:
Reactions: RodPad
Hi all flying my drone in Zante at the sunset michalis tavern the drone was just hovering when the drone just fell no strong wind or any other warnings has this happened to anyone? Drone is now gone as this was a cliff
Thanks
Craig
There have been several instances of mini 3 pros dropping from the sky. Quite a few, if not all, of them have been replaced FOC as warranty faults.
But you would do best to have someone independent e.g @slup , @sar104 , @Meta4 here or perhaps JJB* on the DJI forum, have a look at the logs first.
Backup your logs before you send anything to DJI.

@craig Polini firstly welcome to the forum sorry it had to be in such circumstances
there are many reasons why the Mini 3 pro could suddenly fall from the sky
but two things point to a possible cause in your case
would i be right in thinking that where you were flying ,the air temperature was quite high and also bright and sunny
and that was compounded by the fact that you were hovering at the time as well
i say this because the MINI 3 pro gets quite hot anyway ,simply because it relies on an airflow over it to dissipate heat ,as it has no internal fan to help in such matters ,it should flash up a warning message on the screen to tell you this ,but it is easy to miss this if your attention is drawn else ware, this causes it to shut down ,and then the inevitable gravity takes over
but this is only my take on your post ,and without the data it is purely a guess on my part

Last edited:
Thanks
Craig
Oops welcome

@craig Polini firstly welcome to the forum sorry it had to be in such circumstances
would i be right in thinking that where you were flying ,the air temperature was quite high and also bright and sunny
i say this because the MINI 3 pro gets quite hot anyway ,simply because it relies on an airflow over it to dissipate heat ,as it has no internal fan to help in such matters ,it should flash up a warning message on the screen to tell you this ,but it is easy to miss this if your attention is drawn else ware, this causes it to shut down ,and then the inevitable gravity takes over
but this is only my take on your post ,and without the data it is purely a guess on my part

Have there been documented cases (via flight logs) of Mini 3 Pros overheating in flight and failing?

I had one just fall out the sky a few weeks back. No on screen warning, no collision or error on my behalf. Just logs like 'OSD.isMotorOn' - false.' suggesting the motors simply died within a 20mtr flight distance & it hit the deck from 85ft. Off it went to DJI & after trying to throw the cost book at me, I said 'we'll go through the DAT ourselves & here's the Phantom flight log. They did a quick back track & new Mini 3 Pro is on its way. It's the 4th I know of, so there are possibly a lot more. Always keep your incident DAT file. It saves a lot of arguing backward & forward when they try to suggest it's not a manufacturing fault & down to you ;)

Attachments

• DJI.png
    DJI.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 8
I had one just fall out the sky a few weeks back. No on screen warning, no collision or error on my behalf. Just logs like 'OSD.isMotorOn' - false.' suggesting the motors simply died within a 20mtr flight distance & it hit the deck from 85ft. Off it went to DJI & after trying to throw the cost book at me, I said 'we'll go through the DAT ourselves & here's the Phantom flight log. They did a quick back track & new Mini 3 Pro is on its way. It's the 4th I know of, so there are possibly a lot more. Always keep your incident DAT file. It saves a lot of arguing backward & forward when they try to suggest it's not a manufacturing fault & down to you ;)
Good that they finally agreed to replace the drone.

Was it a Mini 3 Pro? I"m not sure what parameters are recorded, but was there any indication of overheating in the log or dat file?

I like all this stuff, always learning!

"Drone is now gone as this was a cliff"

Where did you go?
Did you go look for it?

Rod ..

There have been several instances of mini 3 pros dropping from the sky. Quite a few, if not all, of them have been replaced FOC as warranty faults.
But you would do best to have someone independent e.g @slup , @sar104 , @Meta4 here or perhaps JJB* on the DJI forum, have a look at the logs first.
Will do thanks

Hi and thanks for the reply, I was only in flight for less than 2 mins it was bright but not high well I was on the top of the cliff so only 2 mtrs more than me however over a cliff top that was high, I had used it 5 time the same day same conditions for 15 mins + and had no issues.
Thanks

Yeah, I caught that first time I was here.
Your focus is the problem. Thumbswayup

Welcome to the Forum!

There is more than three of us waiting for your data.
These guys are!!

Rod ..
Looks like I may have made a mistake, I have sent the data to DJI fly away and not sure if I would still have it, I just allowed it to share the data I will happily send it on if you could advise me how to get it if I would still have it.
Thanks

Tell us what controller you were using, if relevant what phone you were using, what version number of the app you were using and if you have a computer, its operationg system. Then perhaps some one can tell you how to check if you still have logs on the screen device.

This maybe what happened to me on the 17th. was in RTH app crashed drone gone... They are currently saying $250 to replace but hoping they do it for free because the flight log everything is fine. It just lost signal randomly and poof!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart