DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI new battery not recognized by Mavic Pro 2

Bob Long

Reactions
I'm new to being a drone owner. One battery was not enough so I purchased another DJI battery for my DJI Mavic Pro 2. The new battery is not recognized by my drone. Has anyone else faced this problem.

And there's obviously no error flashing code going on, when you press it?
If it's not recognised, don't bother, send it back and get it replaced. No need to worry even if you manage to operate it - it may later fail maybe during flight. Not worth the risk.

Reactions: Bob Long
How is the battery not being recognized? Are you getting some sort of error message on your DJI Go screen? Or, does the craft simply not power up when you insert the battery and turn it on?

If it's the latter, it could be an open circuit in the battery where the voltage isn't making it from the internal battery to the contact pins on the battery case.

You can confirm this if you have access to a voltmeter. There are 10 pins on the battery. Four pins on one side are positive. The four on the other side are negative. This is shown on the charger.

i dont know if the Mavic pro 2 is different to my MPP but i recently purchased a new battery and i had to do a battery upgrade for the mav to recognise the new battery it should come up on the app screen when you first start up with everything connected as per normal you do need to have a wifi connection during this process and follow the on screen instructions

Reactions: Slim.slamma
THANKS to all who offered explanations for my problem. I RETURNED the battery for another and today it should arrive. ANXIOUS to see that it works before I leave for my vacation in the Caribbean. Want to take drone with me and get some new shots of the place we have been traveling to for the last 15 years.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark