DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Poor Customer Support

If you plan on getting a Mavic Mini or a Mavic Air 2 in the future, I'd recommend the Ipad Mini 5 as it has extra processing power needed by the DJI Fly app that both drones use.
The MM and MA2 don't use the DJI Go 4 app, the DJI Fly appears to be more cpu intensive

I ordered one of those also. I didn't think it would fit so got that and I did order a longer controller cable. Thanks for the heads up though. :cool: :cool: :cool:

You need roughly a 1ft usb to lighting cable, but you can use the one that comes with the ipad.
The Ipad Mini 4 will fit in the jaws of the MPP remote controller

mavic pro ipad mini 4 landing pad - Copy.jpg

If you plan on getting a Mavic Mini or a Mavic Air 2 in the future, I'd recommend the Ipad Mini 5 as it has extra processing power needed by the DJI Fly app that both drones use.
The MM and MA2 don't use the DJI Go 4 app, the DJI Fly appears to be more cpu intensive
I have a Mini also but I did order the Ipad Mini 5 and a longer controller cable as well. Be here next Friday.

Reactions: SXViper03
I have the MPP and have used the S8+ , S10+ and now the S20+ without any major problems other than a few disconnects. Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the App ?

Reactions: AKQuads
Hi All, So I got my Ipad mini 5 and have put the apps on there I will need. But I have been trying to install DJI Assistant so I can do firmware updates on my aircrafts. I can't figure out how to install DJ I Assistant on the Ipad from DJI. Any help would be appreciated.

I can't figure out how to install DJ I Assistant on the Ipad from DJI. Any help would be appreciated.
Hello. DJI Assistant software is installed and ran from either a Mac or Windows computer. It would be great to have iPad support, but it’s not available today.

Good choice on the iPad Mini 5 though. Have fun!

I have the MPP and have used the S8+ , S10+ and now the S20+ without any major problems other than a few disconnects. Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the App ?
I hadn't tried that however I just decided to get an Ipad mini so totally remedy the issue.

Reactions: bobj151
Hi All, So I got my Ipad mini 5 and have put the apps on there I will need. But I have been trying to install DJI Assistant so I can do firmware updates on my aircrafts. I can't figure out how to install DJ I Assistant on the Ipad from DJI. Any help would be appreciated.

Not sure what you are asking. I have a iPad mini 5 and when it ask for a update I get it and then go on with my day

Not sure what you are asking. I have a iPad mini 5 and when it ask for a update I get it and then go on with my day
I don't understand your question, are you asking about updating the Ipad or the Mavics through DJI Assistant. I'm was looking to install DJI Assistant in the Ipad. But was told not available at this time.

Reactions: pelagic_one
I don't understand your question, are you asking about updating the Ipad or the Mavics through DJI Assistant. I'm was looking to install DJI Assistant in the Ipad. But was told not available at this time.

Look I was only trying to help you out.But I think that we live on two different planets ?. Good luck with your question. Whatever it may be.

DJI Assistant is available on the App Store but is not intended for your drone nor will it help to you installing firmware updates for your Mavic AC or RC. You should use the MacOS or Windows version depending on what type of PC you have.

when you do a firmware using the ipad you dont need to use the DJI assistant ,what you do is connect the RC to your device have the app on and ,then connect the AC ,you then update the firmware following the instructions on the screen, make sure you have a good WIFI connection to your internet

Reactions: SkyeHigh
when you do a firmware using the ipad you dont need to use the DJI assistant ,what you do is connect the RC to your device have the app on and ,then connect the AC ,you then update the firmware following the instructions on the screen, make sure you have a good WIFI connection to your internet

As OMM says - and make sure your iPad has plenty of battery power available too, as well as the AC and RC.

I recently updated mine via my iPhone 8 using WiFi with no issues.

Reactions: old man mavic
Hi, DJI Assistant isn't required for firmware updates. Updates should come up when you turn on the aircraft, remote and app on your ipad. Also DJI Assistant is for downloading to a PC or Mac only as you connect the aircraft via USB cable directly to the computer.

Just an fyi devices that i have tested with mavic air 2 are galaxy s20 (mine works flawless) my son has a galaxy s10 again no problems....my old ipad mini 4 complains about processor and lags....acquired a 2018 9.7in ipad last year its a beast but can't see anything in the sun... Great for editing the capabilities with Lumafusion and 4k continue to blow me away.....so my go to has been the Galaxy s20 screen is just on another level nvmd brightness! Don't have to look for a shared spot as much....also when kept in "auto brightness" the peak brightness is achieved having one of the highest nits displays in the market and i notice with s20 max brightness mode won't fade after just 5 min like older galaxy devices.... After 5 min things would go pretty dark on screen because of heat etc.... Another tip i can give relating to Android phones is to go to settings /about phone / build number / tap 7 times to enable developer options and u want to put usb debugging on...i have always done this for a long time and find that when some android devices have trouble connecting to the go 4 app or fly app for some reason this seems to rectify usb/data issues

Just an fyi devices that i have tested with mavic air 2 are galaxy s20 (mine works flawless) my son has a galaxy s10 again no problems....my old ipad mini 4 complains about processor and lags....acquired a 2018 9.7in ipad last year its a beast but can't see anything in the sun... Great for editing the capabilities with Lumafusion and 4k continue to blow me away.....so my go to has been the Galaxy s20 screen is just on another level nvmd brightness! Don't have to look for a shared spot as much....also when kept in "auto brightness" the peak brightness is achieved having one of the highest nits displays in the market and i notice with s20 max brightness mode won't fade after just 5 min like older galaxy devices.... After 5 min things would go pretty dark on screen because of heat etc.... Another tip i can give relating to Android phones is to go to settings /about phone / build number / tap 7 times to enable developer options and u want to put usb debugging on...i have always done this for a long time and find that when some android devices have trouble connecting to the go 4 app or fly app for some reason this seems to rectify usb/data issues
I have been using my iPad 4 Mini for a couple of years now to fly my Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 Pro with no issues whatsoever. I have seen a lot of posts from people recommending the iPad 4 Mini for flying their DJI birds. Maybe you have a defective Mini?

Reactions: Platinum 4 ever
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore