DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RC Controller “Lady Voice” and warning tones MIA.

tubemkr

Reactions
Has anyone else experienced a loss of verbal notifications and warning sounds from their DJI RC controller? Mine steadfastly refuses to speak to me. The only sounds I here are the “clicks” it makes when tapping settings and such. I’ve looked at all the simple things such as trying to mute/unmute and volume up and down. I think I’m having separation anxiety and would really like to have her back. Does anyone know how to get her to come home, or should I just serve her papers and live without?

Reactions: Flakey Flier
Has anyone else experienced a loss of verbal notifications and warning sounds from their DJI RC controller? Mine steadfastly refuses to speak to me. The only sounds I here are the “clicks” it makes when tapping settings and such. I’ve looked at all the simple things such as trying to mute/unmute and volume up and down. I think I’m having separation anxiety and would really like to have her back. Does anyone know how to get her to come home, or should I just serve her papers and live without?
Try this- swipe down on the controller screen from top to bottom to get this screen, turn off the mute button, and adjust the volume with the slider.

Dale
MiamiSet volume on controller.jpg

Been there, done that. I always start with the simple things before asking for help. So far as I can tell, the only thing this remote has going for it is built in display. It seems to have several quirks that annoy me. For instance, I set the units of measure to “imperial” yet it still records all flight data in metrics. It does at least display the correct “imperial” measure for the live display while flying. Otherwise, I love the concept of it. Perhaps I’ll get the bugs worked out and everything will be fine.

Been there, done that. I always start with the simple things before asking for help. So far as I can tell, the only thing this remote has going for it is built in display. It seems to have several quirks that annoy me. For instance, I set the units of measure to “imperial” yet it still records all flight data in metrics. It does at least display the correct “imperial” measure for the live display while flying. Otherwise, I love the concept of it. Perhaps I’ll get the bugs worked out and everything will be fine.
I screen grabbed this image from You Tube. My actual controller is the RC Pro.

Dale

I screen grabbed this image from You Tube. My actual controller is the RC Pro.

Dale
My screen appears exactly the same and can mute and unmute the sound. When it’s not muted, the volume can be adjusted. Muting the volume snaps the slider all the way to the left and grays it out. I’ve tried muting it and then using the remote for a short time and unmuting it later. All with no results. Honestly, im not sure when I stopped hearing voices and proximity detection sounds. I updated all the firmware on both the mini and the RC controller before the first flight. Seems like there may have been another update within a week or so later, which may be when the sounds stopped.

My screen appears exactly the same and can mute and unmute the sound. When it’s not muted, the volume can be adjusted. Muting the volume snaps the slider all the way to the left and grays it out. I’ve tried muting it and then using the remote for a short time and unmuting it later. All with no results. Honestly, im not sure when I stopped hearing voices and proximity detection sounds. I updated all the firmware on both the mini and the RC controller before the first flight. Seems like there may have been another update within a week or so later, which may be when the sounds stopped.
I have not flown for at least 3 months. Due to the holiday, I thought I would just put the drone in the air on my driveway and give it a try out. I was not able to fly because there was an update.

I discovered this morning that my firmware was outdated. I went back into my house, opened the DJIFly app, plugged it into my RC pro and updated it. (I have the RC Pro controller). I had to log in and had all sorts of trouble. I even got stuck in the Chinese menu and had to figure my way back to English. When I did, I discovered that there had, INDEED, been a firmware update. I cannot recall the version or the number, but it can easily be found by going to the DJI.com. site and search your drone under updates.

Dale

I believe something similar happened to me except without the change in dialect. I will research with the DJI site to see if that’s likely what happened to me. Perhaps I should contact them to see what their resolve might be. The sounds were an important feature for me with this device.

I have not flown for at least 3 months. Due to the holiday, I thought I would just put the drone in the air on my driveway and give it a try out. I was not able to fly because there was an update.

I discovered this morning that my firmware was outdated. I went back into my house, opened the DJIFly app, plugged it into my RC pro and updated it. (I have the RC Pro controller). I had to log in and had all sorts of trouble. I even got stuck in the Chinese menu and had to figure my way back to English. When I did, I discovered that there had, INDEED, been a firmware update. I cannot recall the version or the number, but it can easily be found by going to the DJI.com. site and search your drone under updates.

Dale

Contacting DJI has always been a frustrating waste of time fore me due to the poor English the support people have. I have written to them several times about this to no avail. They might even ask you to send the drone in and you would get back a replacement. If you really get stuck, I would try to write a personal conversation to one of our moderators and ask for his telephone number. I have a brilliant drone pilot who is a computer genius who helps me when I really get into the weeds. He lives in my state and I spent a weekend with him once and we became buddies.

Reactions: tubemkr
Contacting DJI has always been a frustrating waste of time fore me due to the poor English the support people have. I have written to them several times about this to no avail. They might even ask you to send the drone in and you would get back a replacement. If you really get stuck, I would try to write a personal conversation to one of our moderators and ask for his telephone number. I have a brilliant drone pilot who is a computer genius who helps me when I really get into the weeds. He lives in my state and I spent a weekend with him once and we became buddies.
Something that has occurred to me could possibly be the issue… on my lack of understanding while setting up the drone for the first time, I was doing it from IOS. Thing is, I have the RC controller. Would this possibly confuse the situation? I don’t use the app, but it does also keep up with my flights and such. It also displays everything in the correct unit of measure. Perhaps that is my malfunction, but now I’m not sure how to rectify it.

I am not really an expert. I don't think it would do any harm to install DJIFly app. There are DJI videos on how to update firmware. Basically, I installed DJI Fly app on my MAC. I use the supplied USB-C/USB cord supplied with the drone. I plug the USB-C part into the drone, or the computer. I click and open the DJI Fly app on my screen. When you connect the drone/computer or RC/computer, the Icon for the drone or the icon for the RC will appear. It will tell you if your version is current or not, and if not, it will prompt you to update the version. Here is the video and technique that I used today to update both my drone and my RC pro. It might be different for your drone or RC controller.This is for the Mavic 3.

I hope this helps.

Dale
Miami

Reactions: DougMcC
I’ll have to look more closely at that. Never thought to hook up to my pc with either device. I used wi/fi when I set it up previously.
Is there a reset that can be done to perhaps wipe everything and start over?

I’ll have to look more closely at that. Never thought to hook up to my pc with either device. I used wi/fi when I set it up previously.
Is there a reset that can be done to perhaps wipe everything and start over?
I am not knowledgeable about the reset issue. As noted, I sent you the DJI video of how to install and update the firmware on both the drone and the controller. You will have to go to the DJI downloads page and install the app you need Go to DJI.com, find your drone, and go to downloads. (DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2) for your drone. Once installed, follow the video. For PC use Android, for MAC use IOS.

Dale
Miami
DJI Downloads page.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman