DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI RC (mini 3 with display) controller disassembly

Remove the heatsink and the connection are on the board below
View attachment 149044
Thanks for showing the bare metal, DJI seem to a pretty good job of limiting access. Is it possible to remove the shielding to determine if any pins are available for access?

The DJI RC runs a very stripped down version of Android, making it hard to run anything else.

Is it possible to remove the shielding to determine if any pins are available for access?

The DJI RC runs a very stripped down version of Android, making it hard to run anything else.
You could do but I'm not as it'll be like opening a tin can (of worms).
It disappoints me how the OS is not allowing access beyond the basic settings (hopefully s'ware will be hacked later to allow it)

Ill edit this post as I continue exploring
Thanks Maximus for sharing, I opened it too, but not yet modified for the external antennas.
I recreated the antennas on simple antenna design software and the polarization looks vertical but very strange.
As you can see, the hot pole is only a vertical bar that starts from the center. Everything else, auburn base and lower U patch is connected to the ground.
The antennas are similar but only the one connected to the White wire Transmits also. The other one receives only, just like in the RC-N1 controller.

The convention in the antenna wires I found in DJI is white and/or gray = TX-RX ; black = RX
It is also found in the DJI MINI 3 PRO

Sorry, I meant the RX and TX antenna.
I dont have the controller open anymore, perhaps someone else could provide you with exact measurement?
If you would be satisfied with rough measurement, perhaps you can try to infer from this photo:
You can clearly see where the left (photo perspective) antenna is in regards to outer shell markings, the right one is symetrically placed on the other side. So measure the distance from the outer edges of the "here is antenna" markings on the plastics and you should arrive pretty close

Gary and Maximus the distance between the two antennas in the center is 54mm.
Here you find some measures. I'm sorry I'm not in the office where I have the antenna design software.

Attachments

• DJI_RC_Antenna_measures.jpg
    DJI_RC_Antenna_measures.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 72
Reactions: Gary R
I dont have the controller open anymore, perhaps someone else could provide you with exact measurement?
If you would be satisfied with rough measurement, perhaps you can try to infer from this photo:
You can clearly see where the left (photo perspective) antenna is in regards to outer shell markings, the right one is symetrically placed on the other side. So measure the distance from the outer edges of the "here is antenna" markings on the plastics and you should arrive pretty close
Thanks, that's close enough for my purpose...

I asked and received these responses from:

Alientech
"The remote control accessories of mavic 3 Pro are still under design. It is expected to take one month."

4hawks
"Yes, we are working on the new antenna for DJI RC PRO transmitter, but it will still take some weeks to develop it. Please visit our website in about 3-4 weeks to see for new products. It is possible that we'll manage to arrange it within this time."

So, hopefully there will be kits available in a month or so...

I asked and received these responses from:

Alientech
"The remote control accessories of mavic 3 Pro are still under design. It is expected to take one month."

4hawks
"Yes, we are working on the new antenna for DJI RC PRO transmitter, but it will still take some weeks to develop it. Please visit our website in about 3-4 weeks to see for new products. It is possible that we'll manage to arrange it within this time."

So, hopefully there will be kits available in a month or so...
With RC-Pro tear-downs, to show the exact location of the noisy internal transducer, so we can muffle it by drilling a small hole in the correct location on the case, to stop the heart attack beeping at 15% remaining battery!

Last edited:
With RC-Pro tear-downs, to show the exact location of the noisy internal transducer, so we can muffle it by drilling a small hole in the correct location on the case, to stop the heart attack beeping at 15% remaining battery!
I pushed pieces of paper tissue into it and overlaid with tape. Its almost hard to hear now 😁

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I pushed pieces of paper tissue into it and overlaid with tape. Its almost hard to hear now 😁
Have you located the exact position inside the RC-Pro, to know where to drill a hole through the case to get to it, without tearing the case open? It's different than the Smart Controller, and it's well documented on the RC-N1. Just no clear tear down on the RC-Pro yet. This is the best I can figure out from the FCC filings.
C146219C-2A31-4FB8-93D1-64FAC065038A.jpeg

Have you located the exact position inside the RC-Pro, to know where to drill a hole through the case to get to it, without tearing the case open? It's different than the Smart Controller, and it's well documented on the RC-N1. Just no clear tear down on the RC-Pro yet. This is the best I can figure out from the FCC filings.
Only as far as the photos goes. My controller is closed for now, so I cant really measure. But honestly, I would prefer opening the RC instead of drilling a hole in it :)
If you would wait a few days, I think I will be opening my RC again. I can provide some proper measurements then.

Only as far as the photos goes. My controller is closed for now, so I cant really measure. But honestly, I would prefer opening the RC instead of drilling a hole in it :)
If you would wait a few days, I think I will be opening my RC again. I can provide some proper measurements then.
That would be awesome! Yours is the RC-Pro, right?

No its the RC with the internal antennas that comes with the M3P not the Pro version which you posted an image of earlier

Reactions: MaximusCZ
here the internal side

Attachments

• Internal-Photos-rc pro.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 65

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J